(one of the world's very few 'no registration' sites)

-----

"How to restore antique cook stoves"

Jacobs Manufacturing wood stove
Carole Lowe's
"Jacobs Manufacturing" stove
Brand Stove wood stove
Ron Slater's
"Brand Stove Co."

< Prev. page          Next page >

Skip to newest posting skiptrack

Q. I found an cast iron wood burning stove in Montana, it was in very bad condition(rust) and I wanted to bring it home with plans to clean it up. I want it back in working order. On the way back to California the part that holds on the front legs broke, Can Cast iron be welded at all, and if so how? I don't know anything about this stove except it is a 2 burner with a swinging front door and was made in Holland. It is in very bad condition, if anyone knows anything about the stove or helpful tips on re-finishing please help!

Katie Miller
hobbyist - El Dorado, California
^

Q. I just bought a Imperial Beaver Wood Stove at an auction; it is in fairly good condition. I'm questioning how do I take it apart? It was used for heat back in the 60's but hasn't been used since then. It is still attached to the pipe in the basement. Does it come apart in pieces or is it one piece?

Christine [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Watsontown Pennsylvania
^

Q. I just purchased a #15 Sun Oak round wood burner. It has white paint on it and I was going to power wash and burn some wood in it. Some of the pins (to the doors) are broke and some are corroded and seized together. I would really appreciate all suggestions, thanks EMJ

Edward James
- Mansfield, Louisiana, USA
^

Q. We just bought a Jacobs Cook stove. Very small. The metal tag on back says Jacob's Heater corporation, Athens Alabama. Model # 117 540. We were told it's Wood/coal stove. We would like to buy new fire brick for this and CANNOT seem to find where to get them. Also need a grate shaker handle.
Thanks for any help....it's really appreciated.

Theresa Simms
- Independence, Virginia, USA
^

Firebrick, pack of 6

A. Hi Theresa. I don't know how much it will help, but fire brick is very easily cut with a concrete saw. I don't see why a homeowner couldn't use a tile saw if it's big enough to accommodate the thickness of the firebrick. Just check that the brick is the right thickness for your stove, and cut to the shape you need. Good luck.

^

Q. Need a Picture of the Original Muscogee Wood/Coal Cook Stove No. 86-16. I bought a Muscogee Wood cook stove and need information about it I can find it on the net .. It's missing a door just under the oven ..and I would like to replace it with something that looks like the original.
Thanks for any help!

Janet Stuart
bought an old stove - Colville Washington
^

Q. Need more info on this Muscogee cook stove, looking at one that is up for sale. Looks to be in good complete condition (and how to post a picture of it).

Jan Kiker
Welding & Fabrication - Midland, Texas
^

----
Ed. note: e-mail the pic to , referencing letter 19039, please

Q. I have a Eureka wood burning kitchen cook stove. It was made by the -Eureka, steel range co. in O Fallon Ill. I think the model number is E8-4N. It need the slide part to the air regulator that mounts on the side. I think the stove is 80 to 100 years old. Help please?

JOE JOHNSON
HOBBYIST - MORONGO VALLEY, CALIFORNIA
^

Q. Hello, my name is Katherine. We recently got an old parlor stove from someone's field. It is in fairly good shape, but the double fold doors on one side will not open. They have a turn lock that is froze shut. We believe we can get the door off, but we will need to replace them. Any idea where to start looking for doors?

Katherine Brumley
accountant - Springfield, Missouri
^

Q. Have an old Canopy Fair wood cook stove (may have been coal). Two questions:
1. There is an elbow coming out the back of the fire box that has a thin oval metal plate that appears to have been blown out. Hence think it was used for coal and coal gas built up one time and exploded. If I intend on using just wood can I just weld a new plate over it?

2. Does anyone have any information on these stoves? Think that it was made in Royersford PA sometime in the late 1800 or early 1900's.

Tom in TN

Tom Cook
hobbyist, amateur blacksmith - Jonesborough, Tennessee
^

Q. I just bought an Antique Miniature BELANGER Barge 1906 Cast Iron Stove and with a copper metal brush (with a handle) and a jar of Vaseline amply applied, I was able to remove all the Rust spots and dirt/dust. I simply rubbed the vaseline off with a cloth after and it looks fabulous. Since its only a show piece, I don't have to worry about fumes/odors, not that there would be much anyway. I use Vaseline on any Cast Iron surfaces like Oil Lamp bases.etc... RER

R.E.Richard
- Ottawa, Canada
^

Q. Thank you for advising the antique wood stove conservation family.

My Eclipse 1894, wood stove is so unusual. It is covered with raised lilies or daffodils. I was afraid the sand blasting would damage the flowers that incircle the stove.

Beverly M. [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Albany, Oregon
^

A. Hi Beverly. You're very welcome, but this is a public forum not a consulting service, and my expertise is metal finishing, not stoves or stove restoration. I'm happy to provide the space, but "the antique wood stove conservation family" have to help each other if they expect this to be anything but an endless list of unanswered questions :-)

Iron is much much harder than rust, so with a little care it is possible to sandblast the rust without damaging the cast iron bas relief.

^

Q. This past summer we purchased an insert for our upstairs living room fireplace. We didn't have to do anything, but put it in. It works wonderfully!

We also purchased a Country Comfort CC815 freestanding woodburning stove/fireplace which is in our garage. We are unable to find any information on this product because it is so old.

My husband contacted Country Comfort and they didn't have any information on it. Everyone else just tells my husband that they don't have any information on it and that he needs to buy a new one!? We don't have any intentions of getting a different one. This is one 'solid' stove. It probably weighs around 800 lbs and we know that it will do the job, if set up correctly.

Our issue is that we need to know what the inside originally looked like. We are unable to find any pictures. The stove doesn't seem to be heating properly. Something seems to be amiss inside. The bottom, sides and back are all brick lined, the walls are all solid steel. Is there any where to go to find information or pictures or something on old models? Anything at all would be helpful... I can provide pictures of the stove if anyone thinks they may be able to help.

Any help at all in this matter would be so appreciated!

Jeanie Kiser
- Stow, Ohio USA
^

Q. I just purchased a sun 50 pot belly stove. The outside is not badly rusted; however, the inside is all rust. I can't even imagine how to clean it with a wire brush or mineral oil. The stove is very heavy, but it is hard to get into the middle cavity. I don't see a place on the inside that isn't rusted. How or what should I do to stop the rust and restore the stove. Again, the stove seems solid except this orange rust on the inside.

pammy sunter
hobbyist - South Bend Indiana
^

DampRid

A. Hi, Pammy. The extensive red rust is probably because it was wet. I'd make sure there is no water left in it, then put a tub of desiccant =>
in it for several days with the door and any other openings closed off. Then, wearing a painter's mask, gloves, goggles, and wearing a very old and disposable sweatshirt, spray a can of rust converter (Rust Reformer [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]) at whatever surfaces you can see in there.

For more detail, please see thread 11428 "Restoring a cast iron wood stove completely covered in rust".Good luck.

^

Q. I have an old Odom cookstove and would like to restore. Underneath the cookplates I found disintegrating layers of asbestos.

Do I need to remove? How can I do this safely?

Bonnie Morgan
homeowner - Topanga, California
^

A. Hi, Bonnie.

Obviously, the proper way is to hire an asbestos remediation specialist because asbestos is dangerous! Realistically, some people are not going to do that -- so here are some thoughts that struck me.

Asbestos must be kept wet if you are doing any scraping or any working with it, and you should wear a painter's mask -- but I don't want to imply that a painter's mask is real protection! Put anything you capture into a plastic bag taped shut.

After that, if you have a vacuum that has a hose, you could put the vacuum outside; when finished, and wearing a painter's mask, put the vacuum cleaner bag inside a plastic bag, tape it closed. If you are sure that your vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter, you may be able to operate it inside, but then you need to use great care in cleaning it out. But I mean absolutely sure about the HEPA filter, because blowing asbestos through your vacuum's filter and all over the house would be an incredibly bad idea. Check with your county about whether you are supposed to bring the asbestos to a collection site or put the sealed plastic bags in the trash. These are just "another homeowner's ideas" and should not be considered expert guidance :-)

^

Q. Wow, I'm gratified to get a response. Thanks for taking the time.

My followup question is: will it be harmful to just leave it undisturbed? Does it circulate when the stove is heated up high do you think? We use it regularly throughout the cold months to heat the kitchen and act as a food warmer, even sometimes for cooking.

I purchased this 6-burner cookstove from an old family friend for $3000. I'm wondering if that is a mite bit high; can't seem to find much pricing on the web. What do you think?

Bonnie Morgan [returning]
- Topanga, California
^

A. Hi, Bonnie. There are sites that will do an evaluation for you for $25. Sorry, but we don't post estimated valuations here. If you only knew how many thousands of people submit requests for valuations of their coins, jewelry, antiques, silver service, and stuff found in grandma's attic no matter how many times we say we don't do that.

As my partner Tom Pullizzi coined at the dawn of the internet age in 1995--
"Internet price/demand curve: Infinite demand at zero cost; zero demand at infinitesimal cost."

Yes, leaving the asbestos undisturbed (if that's possible) is the best plan. But if you see that it is deteriorating, it's obviously going somewhere, which is bad regardless of where it's going. Good luck.

^

Q. I have the same problem as Bonnie from California - "Underneath the cookplates I found disintegrating layers of asbestos."

My question is, once I have the layers properly removed and disposed, what do I replace it with? Is asbestos still used for these things or do I have an alternative?

It's a Quick Meal stove I just acquired, and it needs some TLC. It's mostly just dirty, has a little surface rust (mostly outside the water reservoir), and the problem underneath the cookplates.

Thanks in advance!

Brenda Roberts
- Columbus, Ohio, USA
^

June 13, 2012 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. I just purchased an old wood cookstove that I plan on restoring and using to heat and cook with. It is in pretty good shape and was used up until 10 years ago. It was well cared for. How do I know if there is asbestos? That is my only concern. And what do I use for insulation? Where do I purchase it? There are spots in the insulation that is damaged, need to apply more.

Andrea Ricke
- Bagley, Minnesota, USA
^

December , 2012

A. Hi Brenda; hi Andrea. Some if not all such rope gasketing today is fiberglass and graphite/carbon rather than asbestos. See next inquiry please.

^

2007 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. I am trying to locate a source for rope gasket used between plates on a decorative cast iron wood burning stove I acquired some years ago. The stove is rectangular in shape with a forest scene on its sides. I do not know the manufacturer. Any suggestions on locating a source or the application of the gasket material once it is located?

Carolyn Desmond
- El Dorado, Kansas
^

Stove Gasket

A. Hi Carolyn. The rope gasket is usually a pretty "standard" item, rather than specific to the manufacturer. You can follow the link =>

for one source, but it should be widely available. Good luck.

^

Q. Hello, I have a small wood burning stove/heater, very old, I can't find anything like it on line, I need parts for it and I'm hoping one of you could help me identify and help me find a place with parts for it....It says number 115 Duro Oak....

Thanks for the opportunity

Beverly

Beverly Sessegolo
hobbyist - Easton Pennsylvania USA
^

Q. Hi I am looking for someone to tell me how to go about fixing the top of a 1864 Home Comfort wood/coal cookstove. There are cracks in the lids and top plates and it smokes. I need to find some way to repair it or find some parts so I can use it. It cooks and bakes beautiful. Please would someone have any ideas.

Joyce From West Virginia

Joyce Faulkiner
Homemaker - Bridgeport, West Virginia
^

A. Hi, Joyce.

A stove which smokes because it leaks is extremely dangerous both in terms of the possibility of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. I would suggest that you visit a major fireplace shop and see what guidance they can offer. Often they will know local welders, glass cutters, firebrick providers, local vest-pocket foundries, etc. who are familiar with stove repair.

^

A. Most all of the old wood cook stoves are cast iron parts on a sheet metal box. Usually if not broken the cast iron parts can be cleaned up and/or replated and are as good as new. If the sheet metal box is in bad shape take it to a sheet metal shop and have them build you a new one on the old pattern then bolt the restored cast iron parts back on - good as new.

Dave Hohl
- Pinedale, Wyoming, USA
^

Q. Hello all! I am looking for information on a Cribben & Sexton Herald model #8-17. I believe that I have the majority of the parts, however I am not sure as I have been unable to find a photo of one. The scroll work on it is over the top for what one would expect. I was hoping to find some info. and rebuild it. The parts that I have are far too ornate to simply scrap! Any help would be muchly appreciated. Photos, mfg.date, replacement parts availability. Thank you good folks and have a great day!

Cribben & Sexton Herald wood stove parts -6  wood stove parts -7  wood stove parts -8  wood stove parts -9  wood stove parts -10  wood stove parts -11  wood stove parts -12  wood stove parts -13

Robert Backes
Hobbyist - Central Point Oregon U.S.A
^

Q. I'm trying to restore a Estate 6 burner stove. My problem is the cast iron that the round plates sit on is warped, and I need to find someplace to purchase 3 of them. Anyone know where I can find reproduction parts or what I can do to fix this.
Theressa

Theressa Tinnin
- Caliente, Nevada
^

Q. Hello my name is V beaver. I was given a very small wood cook stove that needs to be restored. It was made by Jacob Manufacturing Co, in Bridgeport Alabama. There is writing on the oven that says "Wonder". I have been looking for information but can't find any. This little stove has a burner that is made to keep hot cereals from burning, very different than any I have ever seen. If anyone knows where I can get any information on this stove please help!

Vicky Beaver
collector - Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
^

Q. I have an old wood burning stove, trying to find info on it; it is a Spencer made by Spencer Foundation Co. Ltd. in Ontario.
The piece that holds the little door closed is broken off, and there is a very small crack in door, can this be fixed? Does anyone know approx. year of this stove, on the front is a number it is 105A or 705A, it is very clear but not sure if first no is a 7 or a 1. Would like to find more info on the stove, can't seem to find anything on the company?

George Lister
had stove for 30 years, - Calgary, AB, Canada
^

Q. I have a 1911 Barstow wood burning cook stove. Mfg. in Providence, R.I. I need to replace the rounded edged fire brick.
Where can I find this brick??

Paul Dumas
stove user - Woodland, Washington, USA
^

A. Hi, Paul.

I doubt that anyone sells firebrick pre-cut to fit a 1911 stove, but a concrete saw makes short work of shaping fire brick. I don't see why it can't be cut with a tile saw as well if it fits. Good luck.

^

Antique Pot Belly Stove

Q. Hello, I have an Antique Pot Belly Stove. However, it's painted shut. Can this be undone? Also, the handle for the top of the stove is missing. Can that piece be found somewhere? Thank You.

Kenny Stedman
consignment - Glen Cove, New York, U.S.A
^

Railroad Potbelly Stove 15

Q. I have already restored my pot belly wood burning stove and it was no big deal. The most frustrating part was finding out that wood burning stove parts, pipes, etc., are not interchangeable or universal. What I AM having trouble with is replacement parts! I need one little part that I can't seem to find. It's the ash door. It's for a PB65XL Railroad Potbelly stove, listed as part #65-16. Have not been able to find it anywhere. Would anyone happen to know where I can get one? I have improvised for now but really need to correct one. Live in a very rural area that hasn't even heard of an iron worker, per se, to have one custom made.

Railroad Potbelly Stove 16

Thanks for any help,

Allyson Newell
- Chandler, Arizona, USA
^

Q. I have an antique cast iron cook stove that belonged to my grandmother that I am wanting to restore. My family used to use the stove for heat and for cooking on a regular basis. On 3rd January of this year we had a house fire that destroyed everything except my grandmother's cast iron stove and her cast iron cookware. Once I get more settled I'm wanting to restore the stove and cookware.

Can I use the same suggestions that have already been given here on this stove or should I proceed with extra caution with both the stove and cookware since they've been through the house fire? I haven't gotten a chance to inspect the stove up close yet but the cookware was completely stripped of the seasoning (except one skillet that was sitting in another and the side of it was protected by the one it was sitting in) and I'm assuming the stove has as well. The stove has gone through a couple of good rain storms and a snow since the fire so I'm also assuming I will have to deal with rust in the restoration process.

Any tips and suggestions would be most appreciated as I really want to preserve this stove and the cookware as they all have great sentimental value to me.

Jennifer Gibson
- Murray, Kentucky, United States
^

Q. I have a very old pot belly wood stove that it in good condition other than the back, which appears to be sheet metal. What type of material should I use to replace it? Also on the front/bottom door there are several little windows 2x2 that have some type of material in them. Its not glass. I would also like to know where I could purchase these items.
thank you

Dan Tanis
Hobbyist - Muskegon, Michigan, USA
^

A. Hi, Dan. Hot rolled steel is probably what you are looking for for the back. A local weld shop probably stocks enough to complete the job to avoid the complexity of going to a steel warehouse.

If you don't describe these 2 x 2 items, I don't think anyone can hazard a guess as to what they are made of :-)
But if they are in fact "windows", then they are probably a glass-like transparent ceramic that goes by trade names like Pyroceram or Neoceram. My local glass shop stocks it and cuts replacement "glass" for woodburning stoves, and I think many glass shops will have it and be able to cut it.. Best of luck.

^

Q. My husband and I have tackled the task of refinishing an old wood cook stove to use. He completely disassembled the stove and is in the process of putting it back together. My question is, what to do to the actual cooking surface. Paint or not to paint? Condition it as you would a cast iron pan?

Brenda Rude
retired from health care - Marquette, Michigan US
^

A. Hi Brenda. There may a bit of a semantics issue here since I don't think people would fry bacon or eggs directly on this, without a pan, as if it were a griddle. If there actually is a griddle section, yes, it would need to be seasoned like a cast iron frying pan. But if the surface is one that you put a pan onto, then stove paint or stove polish is probably fine.

^

Q. Hello, I need to know where to find a copy of the assembly guide for parts for a 1900 Eagle wood stove.

Mario Thompson
- Due West, South Carolina, USA
^

Q. I have acquired a Columbian Choice 6 plate cast iron cook stove ca. 1926. made by Keeley Stove Co., Columbia PA. Aside from needing cleanup, it is in decent working condition. However. I have discovered a hole in the lower side of the cast iron body next to the oven. It is not visible from the front and is at the very bottom of the side panel. The oven box is intact but whoever had the stove prior, tried to patch the hole on the exterior with what looks like automobile body putty. I scraped it all off, but now I have an opening at the lowest point on the side to deal with. It measures about 3 inches in height by 12 inches in length. It needs to be patched or filled. I fear it will smoke once I fire it up. I am at a loss as to how to repair it. Can anyone help?

S.B. [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Salisbury, Pennsylvania
^

Q. Am thinking about restoring my wood burning stove and have some questions. What is the best method to protect a wood burning stove -- high temperature paint or stove polish? [Ed. note: for this question please see thread 11428, "Restoring a cast iron wood stove completely covered in rust"]

Also does anyone have any information on a Atlanta 828 Challenger wood burning stove (such as manuals or parts)? Where can you find firebox grates for wood burning stoves? Are there any type of bolts that are better when replacing them? How are trivets used on wood burning stoves? Thanks for any help.

John Smedley
- Mission, Texas, USA
^

Q. Hi, we are inquiring about a Monogram stove 4c80, Monogram Industries, Quincy, Ill. Can you tell me if it is a gas, coal or wood burning stove?

Gail Little
- Crystal, Michigan, United States
^

Q. I am beginning research and work on a Washington Stove Works Olympic stove. I am looking for an owner's manual and information regarding paint/sealer as I am removing surface rust.

Brett Martin
- Topeka, Kansas, USA
^

Q. What is the best method of preserving a cook stove being left outside in a covered area. Our climate can get very damp in the winter. This is for namaste and not for use. Thinking about wiping with some type of oil. Thanks for your time. Grant

Grant Lange
- Port Alberni, BC, Canada
^

A. Hi Grant. Bare steel or cast iron will rust quickly outdoors. I think you'd be better off with a high quality paint job than with oil. Good luck.

^

Q. I am in desperate need of finding information on a Muscogee stove. I have searched the web with no results. Could someone please please please help me!

Mindi

Mindi Pittman
- Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
^

Q. Magee Grand 1901 Cookstove. Does anyone know where I can find parts for this beautiful stove
I need a grate, damper and side car...anything that would pertain to this stove

Rusti Wolny
- Equality, Alabama, USA
^

19039-7
(photo from www.goodtimestove.com)

A. Hi Rusti. You might try The Love Barn in Oland, ME at www.antiquecookstove.com, or Good Time Stove in Goshen, MA at www.goodtimestove.com
They both sell restored and unrestored antique cookstoves, claim to have some cookstove parts, have some Magee stoves listed, and probably have the experience to guide you. Good luck.

^

I recently purchased a camp that has a Quincy Stove Manufacturing Co. Monogram wood/ gas stove in it. Is it possible to use wood in for the heat in the oven section of this stove? and if so, How would I go about doing this?

Lisa Buchko
- Spaulding, Michigan, USA
^

Q. I have a Round Oak kitchen cook stove that burns 16 inch wood. I need new wood box grates, not the shaker grates in the bottom. Looks like there are 4. The inner or fire exiting side is warped and broken. I have the model and serial info. and would like to find a foundry or company that could help me. Thanks.

Darrell Jones
personal, retired - Crystal, Maine, USA
^

Q. I am needing suggestions on how to refinish the enamel coating to my antique copper clad malleable wood cookstove; not in bad shape at all but has some cosmetic issues. It is white with the mint green trim. Can I paint it to get the same glossy finish, or is it better to polish. It has a couple of surface rust spots and the left side damper slot has some kind of bond under the damper door that is a cream and is not smooth otherwise in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

antique wood stove-8 antique wood stove-9

Rebecca Wright
- Jonesborough, Tennessee
^

Enterprise Oak wood or coal stove #215

Q. We have a enterprise oak #215 we can't find any like it on the net to see if we are missing any parts and how old it might be ... any help is appreciated.

19039-elizA-1  19039-elizA-2  19039-elizA-3

Elizabeth Authement
- sulphur, Louisiana usa
^

Q. I have a Diamond King wood burning cook stove made by Jacob's Mfg. Bridgeport Ala. that was used by my Husband's Grandmother. It seems to be all there, just needs TLC. Our problems, first, I can't find any information online about "Kitchen King" stoves. The oven door, although it does not seem broken or any parts missing, has no catch or way of staying closed.I would appreciate any help or advise anyone out there has. Thanks

Georgia Lowery
- Eureka, Missouri USA
^

A. I purchased a wood stove from my uncle in Wisconsin; it was in pieces. He told me to go to a welding shop and have them replace the belly of the stove with black metal. Then I got a roll of asbestos that I put in the seams to make it air tight. I used a spray can of paint black 5000 °F to paint the metal before I put it together.

If you have cracks in cast iron you can weld it with a stick welder using welding rods for cast iron.

I am not sure but perhaps rustoleum has black metal paint in a spray can you can paint your stove.

Also, on my stove all the cast iron has a nickel finish and I just wire brushed it and it looks just like new.

Auspot

William Smith
- Big Spring, Texas
^

Jacobs Diamond King stove

Q. I have an old Jacobs Mfg co wood cook stove with the Diamond King name on it. There are some things on this stove I am not sure about. Controls ... There is a piece in the back with a protector spring on it; don't know what it does. There is also a flap under the oven door and don't know what that does either. Thanks for any help.

michael allen
- galax, Virginia
^

Q. We purchased a Premier dual gas/wood cook stove; we need help finding some missing parts and I haven't been able to find anything so far.
The enamel is great on the stove, but I think it is missing a piece that holds up the plates on the wood burning side.

19039-10a  19039-10b  19039-10c  19039-10d

I would appreciate any help or information at all.

Gina Collins
- Winthrop, Maine
^

Q. As with others, I too am looking for parts for Washington Stove Works Parlor Stove No. 42.
To start with I need a foot/leg.
Thank you for this site as well; has helped me a lot.
There has to be a stove boneyard someplace in this wonderful country of ours with lots of parts. Please help me.

Rick Brower
So. Lake Tahoe, California
^

A. Hi Rick. A few were mentioned earlier on in this thread.

The Barnstable Stove Shop in Barnstable, MA seems to be one more such place.
Maybe AntiqueStoves.com in Tekonsha, MI is another.
Woodman's Parts Plus in East Wakefield, NH is a possible third.

If anyone has names of other such boneyards we'll be happy to list them here, but we don't print testimonials that "Store X is better than Y" because it makes for hostility and gets a little bit silly considering the anonymity of the internet, with sales managers sometimes posting with fictitious names as "satisfied customers" of their own company and disgruntled customers of their competitors :-)

^

thumbs up signI want to thank you for the great response on where to get stove parts. I think the idea of posting ALL the places and bone yards of stove parts is a great idea and would answer about half the questions on this site, maybe it could be posted on a header page for this blog so lazy folks like me who don't read all the other posts can, most likely, have their question answered from the git go.
Of course no recommendations or the references.
Thanks again,
Rick

Rick Brower [returning]
- So. Lake Tahoe, California USA
^

Thanks Rick. If anyone wants to prepare such a list, I'd be happy to put their posting near the top of the page instead of having it perhaps get lost in the middle :-)

But it makes no sense for me to make such a list of names when I don' have a wood stove, aren't interested in them, have no idea who on that list really has parts and who doesn't :-) Someone has to pay the bills for this site or it can't exist, and nobody will if they can get me to spend my time developing and featuring a prominent ad for them for free :-)

^

Jacobs Heater Corporation

Q. Good afternoon, is there any information available regarding Jacobs Potbelly stoves? I have recently picked up a No 117 P from the curbside. Thanks!

Dan McCool
- Scotch Plains, New Jersey
^

Q. I have a south bend malleable wood cook stove. The cast iron top is pitted so much so that it needs a new top. Any suggestions where to look for one?

jacky engebretson
- clearbrook, Minnesota
^

Replacement fire bricks for Prizer coal cook stove - Senate model

Q. We have a Prizer Senate coal cook stove that we use in our basement for heat. It really could use new fire bricks - all else is in fairly good shape - want to have these bricks to do a change over after the winter months. Where can I find them?

19039-11

Sandra J Rittenhouse
owner - Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania USA
^

Firebrick, pack of 6

A. Hi Sandra. Hopefully another reader will correct me, but I don't think custom size firebrick packages will be available for old stoves considering the hundreds of brands and thousands of models. I believe what you must do is buy standard size firebricks (they're about the size of concrete pavers) and saw them to shape with a concrete saw as I did for my old woodstove (actually my son ran the concrete saw). If you don't have a friend with a concrete saw and the muscles, the brick can probably be cut by a homeowner with a large enough tile saw. Good luck.

^

< Prev. page          Next page >

Skip to newest posting skiptrack