Sorry: no public brand/sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
Apologies. We can't post brand/source suggestions (except clearly labeled paid advertisements) --
- Google & search engines are for 'live' searches, but finishing.com is a permanent reference (thousands of our pages go back to the 1990's). Posting sources/links on them has left us wasting hours a week playing "whack-a-mole", endlessly fixing broken links & outdated contact info across a quarter million postings going back over 3 decades; we can't let this problem expand lest we be unable to keep up and the site devolve into a wasteland.
- People are only human, and seeing their competitors publicly praised has frequently led to a race to the bottom -- the opposite of the Aloha spirit we're striving to encourage :-(
- This site is only possible courtesy of our supporting advertisers. How could we possibly ask them to pay the cost of a forum where their competitors pay nothing yet publicly try to steer the potential customers away from those paying the costs of the site to those who are not?
- These days Spambot computers tirelessly auto-post spam 24 hours a day, and they alert spammers to suggest their own products in our forum. We get hundreds of spams every day.
- Our "no registration" website makes it easy & safe for you to join the discussion -- no passwords, no data to hack -- but easy for shills too: the IP address of 'a satisfied customer' has often matched a vendor's website :-)
- Similarly, we usually can't tell if someone claiming to be a "dissatisfied user" is actually a competitor engaging in brand assassination, so we're been threatened with legal action several times. Posting praise while censoring criticism would badly mislead the readers; so, since companies will sue us for posting criticism, balance demands that we not post praise either :-)
But technical discussions must remain public:
- We are operating a public technical forum NOT a private matchmaking service. Taking a discussion private disenfranchises the many other readers who were following it then get cut adrift. If you have technical (non-commercial) info to share, please post it or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for public posting here so ALL interested parties can see it -- we have all the room in the world for anything you are willing to share.
Please enjoy this site for its camaraderie, public TECHNICAL discussions, and private commercial suggestions; but for sourcing ideas use our Directories of Advertisers or a search engine; and for product reviews & brand recommendations try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, industry trade groups, Amazon reviews, etc.
Thanks for your patience & understanding!