Sorry: no public brand/sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
Apologies. Although you may see source & brand suggestions on older threads, we can no longer post suggestions of brands/sources -- except clearly labeled paid advertisements and affiliate links.
- Spambot computers tirelessly hunt the internet 24 hours a day, auto-posting spam and/or notifying human spammers to suggest their products in our forum. We get a thousand spams each day and it keeps getting worse.
- Google & search engines are for 'live' searches; finishing.com is a permanent reference since 1989. Posting sources/links leaves us wasting hours each week playing "whack-a-mole", fixing broken references across a quarter million postings going back more than 3 decades;
Worse, bad actors buy up such expired URLs to get links to their malware from legitimate sites like ours :-(
- It costs money to run this site, and it's possible thanks only to supporting advertisers. How can we ask them to pay the cost of a forum where potential customers are steered to their competitors who pay nothing?
- People are only human, and seeing their competitors publicly praised has several times initiated a race to the bottom -- the opposite of the Aloha spirit we're striving for :-(
- Our "no registration" website makes it easy & safe to join the discussion -- no passwords, no data to hack -- but easy for shills too: the IP address of a supposed 'satisfied customer' sometimes matches a vendor's URL :-)
- We've been threatened with legal action several times if posts critical of a product/service weren't removed, and our "no registration" policy means we can't prove that the "dissatisfied user" wasn't actually a competitor engaging in public brand assassination. But censoring brand criticism while allowing brand praise would badly mislead the readers, so we can't print either :-)
But technical discussions must remain public:
- This is a public technical forum, it is NOT a free private matchmaking/consulting service. Taking a discussion private disenfranchises all the countless readers who get cut adrift. If you have technical (non-commercial) info to share, please post it or email it to email@example.com so ALL interested parties the world over can see it -- we have all the room in the world for anything you are willing to share, but can't put you into private contact with others and deprive the readers of the resolution to the posted questions. If you offer a product or consulting service you should be a supporting advertiser of the site.
Please enjoy this site for its camaraderie, public technical discussions, and private commercial suggestions! But for sourcing ideas, use our Directories of Advertisers below, or a search engine. For product reviews & brand recommendations try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, industry trade groups, Amazon or Yelp reviews, etc., rather than this "no registration" site.
Thanks for your patience & understanding!