World's #1 finishing resource since 1989
Sorry, but no brand or sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
Apologies. We usually can't post brand/source suggestions (except clearly labeled paid advertisements) --
- "Render unto Google ..." Google is for 'live' searches whereas finishing.com is a permanent reference. Inserting sources/links on our pages leaves us with the choice between constantly searching for broken links on a quarter million postings going back to 1989, or letting the site devolve to a wasteland of broken links.
- People are only human; so seeing their competitors praised here often leads to a race to the bottom -- the opposite of the Aloha we're striving to promote :-(
- This site is made possible by supporting advertisers. How can they tell their boss they're paying for a forum where there competitors pay zero yet steer customers away from them?
- "Internet advertising price/demand curve: Infinite demand at zero cost, infinitesimal demand at infinitesimal cost"
- Spambot computers tirelessly try to post spam in our forum 24 hours a day.
- Others do computerized scans for keywords, then pay people to recommend their products whenever the scans find a related thread. We already get one thousand spams every day.
- Private contact disenfranchises the other readers who were following the discussion, then were cut adrift. If you have info to share, email it to email@example.com for public posting here so all interested parties can see it.
- Our "no registration needed" website makes it easy & safe to join the discussions -- no passwords, no data to hack -- but easy for shills to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a 'satisfied customer' was the same as the vendor's website).
- Similarly, we can't prove that a slam was from an actual user rather than brand assassination from a competitor, so we're not protected from legal action and have been threatened several times. But posting praise and not criticism would be a misleading disservice.
So, please enjoy this site for its camaraderie & technical discussions; but for sourcing ideas use a search engine, and for product reviews & brand recommendations try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, and industry trade groups.
Thanks for your patience & understanding!