Sorry: no public brand/sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
Apologies. We can't post brand/source suggestions (except clearly labeled paid advertisements) --
- Google & search engines are for 'live' searches; finishing.com is a permanent reference. Posting sources/links on our pages forces us to search constantly for broken links & outdated info across a quarter million postings going back to 1989 lest the site devolve into a wasteland.
- People are only human; seeing their competitors publicly praised has often led to a race to the bottom -- the opposite of Aloha :-(
- This site is only possible courtesy of supporting advertisers. How can they tell the boss s/he's paying for a forum where their competitors pay zero but try to steer the readers away?
- Spambot computers tirelessly try to post spam in our forum 24 hours a day.
- Others pay folks to recommend their products. We get 1000+ spams every day.
- Our "no registration" website makes it easy & safe to join the discussion -- no passwords, no data to hack -- but easy for shills to pose as satisfied customers (the IP address of a 'satisfied customer' often matches a vendor's website).
- We can't prove that a slam is from an actual user rather than brand assassination by a competitor, and we're been threatened with legal action several times already. But posting praise while censoring criticism would terribly mislead our readers; so, since they'll sue us if we post criticism, honesty requires that we not post praise either :-)
But technical discussions must remain public:
- We are operating a public technical forum NOT a matchmaking service. Taking a discussion private would disenfranchise the readers who were following it then got cut adrift. If you have technical (non-commercial) info to share, please post it; or email it to email@example.com for public posting here so all interested parties can see it -- we have all the room in the world for anything you are willing to share.
Please enjoy this site for its camaraderie & TECHNICAL discussions; but for sourcing ideas use our Directories of Advertisers or a search engine; and for product reviews & brand recommendations try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, industry trade groups, etc.
Thanks for your patience & understanding!