Sorry: no public brand/sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
Apologies. We can't post brand/source suggestions anymore -- except clearly labeled paid advertisements. --
- Google & search engines are for 'live' searches, but finishing.com is a permanent reference. Posting sources/links has left us wasting hours a week playing "whack-a-mole", fixing broken links across a quarter million postings going back over 3 decades; plus, bad actors buy up expired links to put malware on! We can't let this problem expand.
- It costs money to run this site, and it's only possible thanks to our supporting advertisers. How could we ask them to pay the cost of a forum where their competitors pay nothing while publicly steering the potential customers away from those paying those costs to those who are not?
- People are only human, and seeing their competitors publicly praised often led to a race to the bottom -- the opposite of the Aloha spirit we're striving to encourage :-(
- These days spambot computers tirelessly auto-post spam 24 hours a day, and also notify spammers to suggest their own products in our forum. We get several hundred spams every day.
- Our "no registration" website makes it easy & safe for you to join the discussion -- no passwords to remember, no data to hack -- but easy for shills too: the IP address of 'a satisfied customer' has often matched a vendor's website :-)
- Similarly, due to "no registration", we can't prove that someone claiming to be a "dissatisfied user" isn't actually a competitor engaging in brand assassination ... so we're been threatened with legal action several times. But posting praise while censoring criticism would badly mislead the readers :-)
But technical discussions must remain public:
- We are operating a public technical forum NOT a private matchmaking/consulting service. Taking a discussion private disenfranchises the many other readers who get cut adrift. If you have technical (non-commercial) info to share, please post it or email it to email@example.com for public posting here so ALL interested parties the world over can see it -- we have all the room in the world for anything you are willing to share.
Please enjoy this site for its camaraderie, public technical discussions, and private commercial suggestions! But for sourcing ideas, use our Directories of Advertisers below, or a search engine. For product reviews & brand recommendations try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, industry trade groups, Amazon reviews, etc.
Thanks for your patience & understanding!