-----

"Need O'Keefe & Merritt stove and a Barber's Chair replated"

I am in need of having not only my 1930's O'Keefe & Merritt stove metal replated, but also my father's old barber chair. I am not sure what metal I should have plated on the griddle since we use it to heat/cook foods. Would I use the same metal on all parts of the stove? Is it cheaper to use the same metal when doing the barber chair? I thought I would do all at the same time. And, I am in Orange Co., Ca. I have absolutely no idea who I should go to. Could you recommend a company that won't eat all of my kid's college fund, but would do me and my pieces proud?

Diane Donnell
home owner - Westminster, California, USA
^

Hi, Diane.

Things should be plated with what they should be plated with, not just the most convenient metal on hand; this usually simply means replating them with whatever plating is presently on them. Refurbishing is unfortunately way more labor intensive than the original mass production. Unfortunately, you can't expect a plater to work for less than a mechanic or plumber, and they have to estimate how much time is required to refurbish these items, so you'll probably be shocked :-)

This site is made possible by the shops who advertise here, and we can't ask them to pay for the posting of threads in praise of their competitors; so, sorry, we can't recommend shops beyond what you will see in our Directory of Jobshops. Good luck.

^