for the Metal Finishing Industry
Surface Finishing (Chemical Processing) Auditor Opportunity
The Performance Review Institute(PRI) Nadcap program is recruiting for a Surface Finishing (Chemical Processing) Auditor in the U.S. and Worldwide. This position is an excellent opportunity for recent retirees or consultants that have experience in two or more of these processes: Anodizing, Chemical Cleaning, Chemical Milling, Conversion/Phosphate Coating, Etching, Laboratory Evaluation, Paint/Dry Film Coatings, Plating, Stripping, Surface Prep Prior to Metal Bond, Surface Treatment/Passivation
• Travel (domestic &international)
• Flexible schedule
• Competitive pay rates
• Meeting new people
• Keeping up-to-date with tech &developments
• Networking with other industry professionals
Check out this great opportunity at www.contractwithpri.com
Or contact: Travis Walters at email@example.com
Process Engineer / Chemist for plating company
Job Description: Chemical analysis of process solutions (schedule and on demand). Keep records. Prescribe chemical additions and bath changes or maintenance. Actively participate as necessary. Oversee wastewater treatment. Sample wastewater as required for permit. Actively participate as necessary. Review analysis reports. Maintain wastewater meters and equipment. Watch processes to see quality and need for chemical adjustments. Inspect equipment for discrepancies or repairs. Report to state and EPA entities. Manage chemical inventory. Order and interact with suppliers. Waste and hazardous waste management and records. Chrome plating emissions management. Manage safety training requirements. Manager RCRA training requirements. Must be willing to work in the plant as necessary to make sure all task are completed.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Relocation assistance, Retirement plan
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate: Denver, CO 80216. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: Plating chemistries / Waste water experience 5 years (Required)
Language: English / Spanish a plus
Denver Metal Finishing
3100 E 43rd Ave
Denver Colorado 80601
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A practical Electrochemist / Electroplating Specialist with broad experience and interest in working with electroplating machinery and solving process problems associated with electroplating battery foam with special alloy compositions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources directly related to foam plating lines.
• Strive to identify and achieve more stable, efficient and faster electroplating and waste water treatment processes that will further improve overall equipment efficiency and reduce waste.
• Will periodically be involved with trouble shooting and line audits.
• Follows all ISO & TS systems and procedures.
• Using experience in support of training line operators
• Follows all safety rules and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Relevant PhD. or relevant Master's Degree and 3 or more years of experience or relevant Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of experience.
• Knowledge of Electroplating Processes & Reel to Reel Machinery
• Conducting experiments related to coating process phenomena
• Familiarity with relevant technologies such as fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries, photovoltaics, or separations membranes is a plus
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills necessary for research and scientific studies.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to support multiple projects to meet deadlines.
• Problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with peers and work directly with other team members and external collaborators in order to complete a project from start to finish.
• General knowledge of required engineering disciplines.
• Demonstrates complete understanding and wide application of scientific technical procedures, principles, theories and concepts in the field. (DOE / FMEA / PPAP / Project Management / PSDM).
• Good understanding of instrumentation and test methods used to measure physical properties of materials, systems and environments, etc. e.g. strain, deformation, strength, temperature, pressure, flow, viscosity, concentration, voltage, current, resistance, magnetic field strength using analytical instruments like AAS, ICP, HPLC
• Candidates to know the theoretical and practical applications of a Potentiostat / RDE.
• Demonstrated experience in management of projects. Good technical writing, interpersonal and communication skills with a very practical mindset.
• Environment may be high temperatures depending on ambient outside temperature.
• Steel/composite toe boots, safety glasses and hearing protection required. Other PPE requirements may apply.
• Will be exposed to background noise, odors, dust, heat, and cold.
Precious Plate has been providing exceptional electroplating services for nearly 50 years! Our experienced staff, superior equipment, and selective processes can deposit precious metals with extreme selectivity, ensuring quality plating services that continually meet or exceed the specifications of manufacturers worldwide. We are ISO certified specific to certain quality management and environmental standards. Visit us at www.preciousplate.com for more information.
Our total rewards benefit offering includes, but is not limited to, competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, 401(k) with company match, PTO, holidays, Company paid life, STD and LTD.
Submit resume to HR@PreciousPlate.com
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Primary Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this position include maintaining the chemical quality and inventory control in the production and laboratory testing environments with a positive attitude.
Chemical Quality Control (85%)
1. Perform chemical analysis in order to maintain operating specifications.
2. Establish and maintain titration solutions.
3. Enter results in applicable data analysis program(s).
4. Perform monthly quality tests (Salt Spray, Coating Weights, Wet Tape, etc.)
5. Maintain test equipment qualification(s).
6. Ensure that all inspection equipment is in a satisfactory condition and coordinate necessary repairs or replacement.
7. Maintain MSDS and TDS documentation.
8. Maintain material certifications for chemicals.
9. Liaison with department technicians.
Chemical Inventory Control (15%)
1. Track and maintain chemical inventory.
2. Monitor chemical expiration dates and dispose of expired materials per federal/state guidelines.
3. Schedule waste shipments and maintain records of hazardous waste (profiling, tracking log, and shipping manifest) as required.
Team Work (Continuous)
1. Work with a positive attitude and be a team player who is willing to help co-workers.
2. Promote a productive work environment that is continually striving for improvement.
3. Be willing to perform unspecified work duties when the need arises.
Please e-mail resumé to Jim MacMillan <email@example.com>
The cost of an employment Help Wanted Ad here is $200 (plus sales tax if applicable) for a run of up to 3-months.
You can submit your Help Wanted on line, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone in your listing details and credit card information to 908-910-7464 or
Mail your listing and check to: Finishing.com Inc.
523 Springfield Ave.,
Pine Beach, NJ 08741