Teflon Coating Service for Waffle Irons

(2001)

I am a professional chef and I have recently purchased a used cast material electric waffle iron that has been acid dipped and has some problems with sticking. I found this forum and thought I would chance asking if it is possible to have this item coated with teflon. I don't really know where to begin my search. The average prolonged temperature of the machine is 325-450 deg. F for about 3 hours at a time on a daily basis. Is there a product that I can purchase to coat it myself or do I have to take it to a machine shop that uses teflon?

Randy P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Charlotte, North Carolina

(2002)

There's a company in Oregon that recoats fry pans called continental companies.

Jack S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Penticton, BC, Canada

There is a Teflon coating manufacturer in Surrey, BC, Canada. They do industrial coatings for waffle plates but they will also accept small jobs on occasion, while they are not too busy. They are called Slick Coatings and Solutions try them out they might be able to help you out. Good luck.
Marianne

Marianne Lawrence
- White Rock, BC, Canada

There is a company in Langley BC that does teflon coatings. The company name is Cantech Precision Coatings Inc. They specialize in coating equipment for the food manufacturing industry.

Garth Jackson
- British Columbia Canada

There is an industrial coating business in Fairburn, GA who does Teflon based coatings. Newco Industrial Services (Newco Enterprises, Inc.). Ask for S. Hill.

S Hill
- Atlanta, Georgia USA

Ed. note: If anyone wants to offer the NAME of other coatings services that do waffle irons, please do. But please skip the 'testimonial' aspect! The internet is largely anonymous and some of these "recommendations" were submitted by company representatives posing as satisfied customers, so we have had to do significant editing out of sales pap. Thanks.