Recoating a Griddle

I have an expensive stove griddle that is made of cast aluminum. It seems to have a dark, maybe "teflon" coating over it. The coating is waring off. To find another griddle is difficult, or impossible. I need to restore this griddle.

What are my options? I understand to recoat this if it is "teflon" is maybe not possible anymore. Since it is aluminum cast metal, can another process recoat it? How about "powder coating?" If there is any other process available out there, please direct me to the sources. Thank You.

Jeff Ferrier
- San Clemente, California, USA