(one of the world's very few 'no registration' sites)

-----

"Teflon re-coating services for pots & pans"

Disambiguation --

• If you're looking for repair spray; it seems no longer available, but please read & comment on Thread 10027 or Thread 12601

• For info on how non-stick coatings are made & applied, please see Thread 14968

• This thread is for those seeking a service to re-apply non-stick coatings to their cookware

2001

Q. I am writing from the Republic of South Africa I have been trying to find a company to re-coat kitchen utensils which the Teflon coating has worn off. I have been unsuccessful. Is there someone who can help either by informing on how the process is done or going further and maybe starting a business venture. I have found that there is a great demand for this and no known solution to this problem in this country.

Hoping to hear from SOMEONE.

Rath Wilson
- Pretoria, Gauteng, R. South Africa
^

2001

A. There is a company in Durban that might just be what you are looking for.

Dave Brackenridge
aerospace plating - Germiston, South Africa
^

Teflon Coating Service for Waffle Irons

2001

Q. I am a professional chef and I have recently purchased a used cast material electric waffle iron that has been acid dipped and has some problems with sticking. I found this forum and thought I would chance asking if it is possible to have this item coated with teflon. I don't really know where to begin my search. The average prolonged temperature of the machine is 325-450 °F for about 3 hours at a time on a daily basis. Is there a product that I can purchase to coat it myself or do I have to take it to a machine shop that uses teflon?

Randy P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Charlotte, North Carolina
^

2002

A. There's a company in Oregon that re-coats fry pans called Continental Companies.

Jack S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Penticton, BC, Canada
^

A. There is a Teflon coating manufacturer in Surrey, BC, Canada. They do industrial coatings for waffle plates but they will also accept small jobs on occasion, while they are not too busy. They are called Slick Coatings and Solutions try them out they might be able to help you out. Good luck.
Marianne

Marianne Lawrence
- White Rock, BC, Canada
^

A. There is a company in Langley BC that does teflon coatings. The company name is Cantech Precision Coatings Inc. They specialize in coating equipment for the food manufacturing industry.

Garth Jackson
- British Columbia Canada
^

A. There is an industrial coating business in Fairburn, GA who does Teflon based coatings. Newco Industrial Services (Newco Enterprises, Inc.). Ask for me.

S Hill
- Atlanta, Georgia USA
^

Ed. note: If anyone wants to offer the NAME & TOWN of other coating services that do waffle irons and cookware, please do! But please omit the 'testimonial' aspect. (why?) The internet is largely anonymous and some "recommendations" were submitted by company representatives posing as satisfied customers, so we've had to do significant editing out of sales pap. Thanks.

^

To minimize search efforts and to offer multiple viewpoints, we combined previously separate threads onto this page. Please forgive any resultant repetition, failures of chronological order, or what may look like readers disrespecting previous responses -- those other responses may not have been on the page at the time :-)

2002

RFQ: This is probably a question that has been answered many times before but I need to find a company that will recoat some teflon fry pans. One of them is electric. Can anyone help me?

Roberta Meisel
- Fenton, Michigan
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2002

A. Roberta,

This site mainly deals with mainstream industrial platings and coatings. Teflon coating of pans is a specialized niche, and not a common industrial process. Your best bet may be to call the manufacturer of the pan.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan
^

2002

A. Hi Roberta. There have been a few companies doing this at one time:

- OPI, 2208 S. 19th St., Sheboygan, WI was mentioned in the Minneapolis Star Tribune in the FixitUp Answer and Question section many years ago, but I don't think they offer that service anymore if they ever actually did. It's not mentioned on their website (opicoatings.com) and it could have just been a misunderstanding or an overeager reporter :-)

- Frypanman.com in Vancouver, WA was another service, but that domain now seems to be just a "link farm" for many years now.

Some shops that do teflon coating have told us that it's possible to re-coat pots & pans, but not economically feasible -- the same old issue that the labor time of onezy-twozy refinishing makes it more expensive than a mass-produced replacement.

^

sidebar

Not for food service items!

Teflon/ Moly Oven Cure Firearm Finish
brownellsTeflonOvencureSpray

[affiliate link by editor to product info at Brownells]

2002

Q. Many years ago I purchased a spray can of Teflon coating from a hardware store. I sandblasted my waffle iron and followed the directions on the can. It was then baked in my oven and has served me for many years and looks as good as the original one. I haven't been able to find this product again WHY?

John Grafton
- Clermont, Florida
^

A. Hi John. To quibble over details) I doubt that the spray was exactly teflon. Please see thread 10027, "NON-STICK COOKWARE SPRAY TO FIX POTS & PANS?" which has hundreds of entries on that subject and concludes that it is no longer available anywhere, and guesses why, and explains exactly what that spray actually was :-)

Although there are teflon sprays (lubricants) available in hardware stores, and bake-able non-stick coatings available from gunsmiths, they are NOT food-safe! They may contain petroleum distillates and other poisons -- don't even consider it.

Luck and Regards,

^

Seeking Teflon re-coating service

2003

Q. Seeking Teflon re-coating spray or service in Cape Town, South Africa to re-coat frying pans, etc. It seems to me that this niche (re-coating food utensils) is not being exploited, so there might be scope for someone with a solution to this problem.

Ivan Copelowitz
consumer enquiry - Cape Town, Western Province, South Africa
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

2004

Q. Do you think the guys that resurface pots and pans can resurface some metal electric heaters, the kind that go inside solution?

Rodrigo Salinas
Metal Finishing - El Paso, Texas / Cd. Juarez, Mex
^

2005

A. I have used the Frypanman services for my restaurant with very successful results. They don't last quite as long as the original teflon coating but it lasts long enough, saves a lot of money and keeps my pans out of the landfill.

Ed. note: Update Dec. 2013 & Nov. 2020 -- The domain frypanman.com has been just a link farm for many years; if anyone has knowledge of what happened to that service, please update us.

Paul Kuck
- Eugene, Oregon
^

Recoating Teflon for Jenn Aire grills

2006

Is there a way to recoat the teflon that is coming off of my grills on my Jenne Aire outside electric grill. new ones from Jenne aire are $69 each and I would need four of them. Is there a less expensive solution?

Pat McDonald
home owner - Leesburg, Florida
^

2006

A. I'm sure your grills could be sandblasted, and re-teflon coated. I also would imagine it would be cheaper than $280. Look in the Yellow Pages under either painters, and/or Powder coatings (a lot of places do both), and you should be able to find a job shop that can handle the job. Make sure they use "food grade" teflon.

anodizer - Boise, Idaho
^

Recoating a Griddle

Q. I have an expensive stove griddle that is made of cast aluminum. It seems to have a dark, maybe "teflon" coating over it. The coating is waring off. To find another griddle is difficult, or impossible. I need to restore this griddle.

What are my options? I understand to recoat this if it is "teflon" is maybe not possible anymore. Since it is aluminum cast metal, can another process recoat it? How about "powder coating?" If there is any other process available out there, please direct me to the sources. Thank You.

Jeff Ferrier
- San Clemente, California, USA
^

Q. Is there a business that will resurface an electric fry pan. It has handles that can be removed (plastic) otherwise all metal. This pan is obsolete and I have 2 of them because they are perfect for 2 people. Can the product on the new fry pan advertised on tv be applied to an old fry pan? Would like to contact someone that does reapply non stick coating.

martha stokes
- waterloo, South Carolina
^

^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

Teflon Finish on catering pans

Q. With regard to the refinishing of Teflon coating on catering equipment and having read quite a few threads on the subject ...
To me the answer that we may be looking for is not Teflon coating (which is a mineral based product which is not cleared for use in catering refinishing products) it could be the old fashioned system of "Stove Enameling" whereby the used catering equipment is blasted with bead or other means then the base metal is polished up then the paints are applied in a series of layers, then the unit is baked in an oven to produce the stove enameling effect.
Am I on the right track or tell me if I am wrong.
Awaiting your replies

Martin.

Martin Dickinson
hobbyist - DUNS, Scotland, United Kingdom.
^

A. We re-coat griddles and other cookware. www.thermech.com

Eric Shah
- Anaheim, California
^