a Website for Serious Education ...
plus the most FUN you can have in metal finishing.

HomeFAQsBooksHelpWantedAdvertizeForum
topic 18029p2

Problems in White phenyl Manufacturing

1       2

Q. When I mixed TRO (1 part) and pine(3 parts) it gets separated after 5 hours -- why, although both are oils?

Neeta Gawade
- India

Q. Which is better to use with pine oil for concentrated phenyl solution

TRO or Cutting Oil?

Raj Jain
- Rajasthan, India

Q. Dear SIR,
I want to know the formula of phenyl concentrate which is made from PINE OIL,T.R.O AND CUTTING OIL.

kumar budhani
- Navsari,Gujarat,India

Q. I am preparing White phenyl in village area through the help of SHGs members. After mixing materials, water and white chemicals show in clearly two different layers. So my questions are --
1. Should I insure firstly water pH is what ?
2. In my chemicals has sunray / air entered ?
3. For more white and darkness of phenyl what should I do ?
4.Why water and white chemicals are in two different layers ?

mukesh ranjan verma
- Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India

Q. I am a manufacturer and I am currently using market made concentrate. One problem: how to thicken it? If I use less water in concentrate then also it is not getting thicker.
How to get rid of these problems?

Amol Chaudhari
- Pune, Maharashtra, India

Turkey red oil -- phenyl grade manufacturing method

Q. Dear sir,

We want to make turkey red oil-phenyl grade. Kindly guide me with detailed procedure along with ingredient list. Also suggest me how to make phenyl using this Turkey red oil -- phenyl grade?

I would be highly obliged if you help me in this matter.

Manoj Patel
- Panoli, Gujarat, India

Q. Respected sir,

We have prepared a good concentrate of white phenyl, but it appears very thin. How it should be thickened. There is also a price limit. kindly suggest your valuable advise.

Thanks and regards,

Jitendra Chavan
- Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India

Q. What are the documents required to start manufacturing and selling phenyl. Please help.

Dev Mishra
- Roorkee, Uttrakhand, India

Q. Can anybody tell me or phenyl manufacturing business is there any license required from gov.?
My other question is does Manufacturer directly sell phenyl to retailer or is there any requirement of local distributor?

Prathamesh Kamat
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

A. Hello,
Your practical problems are all quite common. Many readers do not have basic knowledge of Emulsion Technology and stability of its emulsion. But unfortunately I feel this is not the correct platform to pass-on true answers.

General problems are making good phenyl conc. preparation by using T.R.O. along with developing body/depth of brightness using Cutting Oil. First of all, readily available cutting oil contains 10-12% Emulsifier (made through Sodium Petroleum Sulphonate of different mol. wt. material with small quantity of Oleic Acid with Ethoxylated-alkyl Phenol). While diluting conc. phenyl to 15-30 ratio, which gets imbalance the total surfactants ratio of final diluted emulsion is key factors for separation. While selecting T.R.O., first we have to gauge/assess the app. H.L.B.value of product by simply diluting in Water. If turns more than 12 H.L.B value, emulsion will disappear during storage of final emulsion.The pH of product also reflects on the emulsion stability.

The correct practical method by using 60:40 ratio of Castor Oil : Rosin-Soap, which creates body to phenyl compound and as well as for Emulsion. This soap 1 : 2 (Pine Oil). Emulsion Brightness and viscosity can be improved by adding Cutting Oil Emulsifier and not ready cutting oil (Conc. Approx. 40% diluted in aromatic hydrocarbon solvent to use product to prepare cutting oil )

Rohidas Kamat
Technical Service - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Q. Respected sir,
I want to start white and colour scented phenyl manufacture. In market, concentrate cost is very high; I am notable to start business so I want to prepare best phenyl concentrate. Please tell me.
Thanking you sir.

hanu mantha rao
- khammam, Andhara Pradesh

Licenses required for phenyl manufacturing?

We are consulting our client for phenyl MANUFACTURING in Pune MIDC area.
We want to know which licenses Company needs to be obtained for starting this business.
Thanks & with warm regards!

CS Pramod Ladda
- Pune Maharashtra

Q. I want to start white and colour scented phenyl manufacture. In market, concentrate cost is very high; I am notable to start business so I want to prepare best phenyl concentrate. Please tell me formulation and raw materials concentrate preparation methods. Sometime raw material available in Chennai dealers address.
Thanking you,

balamuralikrishnan sriramulu
- walajabad (kanchipuram dist), tamilnadu, india
^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

Hi cousin balamuralikrishnan. Please carefully study the previous responses, and then re-post some detailed questions in terms of the information that has already been generously offered. Getting good & useful answers involves a little work on your own behalf :-)

Heaven helps those who help themselves.

Luck and Regards,

Does the water quality affect the stability of Emulsion?. Is it necessary to use only soft water / RO water to dilute the phenyl concentrate? What are the characteristics of a Good phenyl Concentrate?

Murali Kumar
- Salem, Tamilnadu, India

How to Make Harpic Solution?

Q. How to make Harpic solution; please help me sir.

Aakash Srivastava
student - Gorakhpur;Uttar-pradesh;India

The Chemical Formulary

A. Hi Aakash. The formulation of proprietary products like Coca-Cola and Harpic brand cleaners are trade secrets protected by international law. If that is what you mean by Harpic solution, no one can tell you how to make them (your teacher should know that). But if you describe what general type of cleaner you are interested in, people may give you hints. Your school or area library should have books that cover such formulations -- and by reviewing such books you will truly learn something from the assignment.

18029
(from The Chemical Formulary Vol. 23)

Have fun, and good luck!

A. If you can get a copy of the product MSDS, it will tell you the hazardous ingredients at the very least, and depending on the type of product sometimes those are the key bits. Other times the non-hazardous proprietary stuff is where some or all of the magic happens, though.

ray kremer

Q. How to increase essence/smell in white phenyl? Our phenyl smell is not spreading? Please tell me the solution for making of hard smelling white phenyl.

Yogiraj Bhimade
- Solapur, Maharashtra, India

Q. Is there any license required to manufacture of white phenyl and toilet cleaner?

Arun Kumar Sharma
- Delhi, INDIA

Q. Sir my question is: pH meter displays 0-14 only, so how can we measure 80-170 in pH for good quality of White phenyl Manufacturing?

amit baranwal
- birgunj, nepal

A. Hi Amit. That's a good question :-)

You are correct that 80-170 is not an appropriate value for pH. I think Satya was talking about water hardness: I'm not sure of the units, but possibly mg/l.

Q. Dear Sir What is a turkey red oil?

Shaik abdul rahaman
transport - hyderabad Telangana, India

simultaneous October 17, 2014

A. Well, I guess I'll answer the "Red Turkey Oil" question.
Better known as turkey red oil. This is a process of adding sulfuric acid to conventional Castor Oil. The sulfuric acid makes the Castor Oil water soluble. When added to water it disperses evenly without the use of a suspension agent. The solution is red in color. Don't you just love Google?

Process Engineer - Phoenix, Arizona USA

A. Hi,
Turkey Red Oil is sulphonated castor oil.

harry_parkes
Harry Parkes
- Birmingham, UK

Q. DEAR SIR, I'M MANUFACTURING WHITE phenyl IN MY HOME. IT'S LIKE GREASE LAYER IN GROUND. WHAT TO DO?

PAKKIR BALAJIKK
trading - CUDDALORE,TAMILNADU,INDIA

Q. I want to make phenyl for toilet and tile cleaning purposes. So please tell me complete process of making phenyl. I read some pdf but in that they have given making of only white phenyl. I want to make phenyl with different flavors and colors. So please help me.

Thank you in advance.

praveen kas
- belgaum Karnataka India

----
Ed. note: Please provide the address of that pdf, Praveen. Many of the people waiting in line in front of you seem to be looking for that information. Thanks.

A. Dear All
This is my pleasure to share the real formulation as used by us. There is no problem at all. Take 2.5 Kg. Turkey Red Oil (T.R.O) Mix 7.5 Kg. Pine Oil. Shake Well for 2 Minutes. leave this for 5 Minutes. Again shake well for 2 minutes. Leave again for 10 Minutes. Now add Alphox 200 Emulsifier of IGL about 1 Kg. slowly till the transparency is obtained. If some more emulsifier is required add this but not more than 1.2 Kg. in all. Now leave this compound for next 24 hours. Now you can make 10 times to 20 times water emulsion of white phenyl. In case you are satisfied with your process you can mix 30 times water to this compound. This will give you stable white floor cleaner with mind blowing fragrance.

subhash aggarwal
Bhawna F.M.C.G Udyog - Delhi India

Q. I GOT BAD ODOUR IN PERFUMED phenyl, WITHIN 10 DAYS, I AM SHOCKED TO SEE THIS
PERFUME + EMULSIFIER

KUMARAN LAKSHMI KANTHAN
phenyl MANUFACTURER - CHENNAI, TAMIL NADU, INDIA

sidebar March 22, 2015

thumbs up signDear Sir/s
It was good to go through so many comments of many manufacturers/ apparent established experts/ debutants and the keen observer Ted Mooney, P.E. RET, of finishing.com

Nowhere has LABSA [Linear Alkyl Benzene Sulphonic Acid] or acid slurry been discussed in the recipe of white disinfectant. I somehow cannot understand the role of cutting oil in domestic white Disinfectant, more popularly known as white phenyl. Cutting oil does not contain any antibacterial or disinfectant properties. Presence of pine oil 40% + acid slurry + emulsifier like nonionic + essential oil like oil of eucalyptus/lemon grass/ citronella should be added to get the desired results.

Making bogus white coloured solutions and befool the public should be stopped. I request Mr Ted Mooney not to remain silent and give a deep thought to queries of white disinfectants and a formula of a genuine white disinfectant.
Expert comments of chemists/consultants should be welcome and contacts to take consultancy should be added in this thread.

Ish Kumar
- Rourkela.odisha,India

thumbs up signHi Ish. Thanks for the kind words, but I am just the website operator, and although I post these Q&A's, I have no knowledge of disinfectant solutions by which to judge them. But yes, I find it silly that people are unwilling to read a book or patent, and want to formulate & market disinfectant solutions based solely on advice from strangers instead :-)

We welcome & post all responses which offer technical information or advice, but the questions asked outnumber the proffered answers by 50:1, so while we've printed every answer that was submitted, only a fraction of the questions. We have tens of thousands of excellent threads on this site, but we also have a few more questionable ones like this one :-)

Consultants are welcome to advertise their consultancy offers on our site -- but not to solicit business through messages in the forum because the threads quickly become spamfests; plus it would be unfair to those who make this site possible for others to pay no part of the cost, yet try to steer customers away from those who are paying the bills. Thanks again.

Q. Dear Sirs,

I have started a new business dealing with phenyl but the problem is separation. After some time it starts. Base looks like water, and on top it becomes like a layer. Please reply.

amit

amit baranwal
- birgunj, nepal

We are manufacturing coloured phenyl. I want to share my formula ...

Please suggest is it right or wrong.
First I am adding 2.5 ltr. Cutting oil in 100 ltr. water slowly slowly. And mixing 1-2 minute with plastic stick.
Then I am adding 1.5 ltr. Pine oil slowly slowly and mixing 1 minute.
Then I am mixing fragrance 200 ml. And mixing slowly slowly.
Then I am packing in plastic bottles.
So suggest me should I put mixed material for some time or should pack immediately after preparing phenyl?

gourav satija
shubh grah udyog - chhindwara madhya pradesh india

Q. I am manufacturing homemade phenyl of the mixture of cutting oil & pine oil but I did not get Thicker in level , so what types of chemical I should use for getting thick white phenyl,
Pls sir, tell me percentage of chemical to get right & thick white phenyl

Tulshi Meshram
homemade phenyl - pune, maharashtra - India

Q. HOW to MIX THE CITRONELLA OIL IN phenyl? IT IS NOT MIXING WITH WATER, AND ODOUR GOES OUT FROM THE phenyl. PLEASE HELP ME TO GIVE A SUGGESTION HOW TO KEEP ODOUR IN phenyl.

PRITAM CHAKRABORTY
- KOLKATA,WEST BENGAL,INDIA

Q. Dear Ish Kumar

Thanks for valuable answer about disinfectant phenyl.
Here I have a question, how many % of LABSA, Emulsifier & fragrance should be added in to 40% pine oil? Please explain the procedure of the same if possible, thanks.

Rasheed Pudussery
- theissur, kerala, india

What is the manufacturing process of Concentrated Dark green Phenyl with a pleasant long lasting fragrance? is there any other chemical for emulsifier instead of TRO? in the india there is famous sunny phenyl which is concentrated green, how can we manufacture it?

Kunal Agiwale
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Q. I WANT TO MAKE LINEAR ALKY BENZENE SULPHONIC ACID (POPULARLY KNOWN AS ACID SLURRY) BY BATCH METHOD. WHAT GRADE OF STAINLESS STEEL SHOULD BE USED FOR THE SULPHONATION AND THE SEPARATION.
ASLO HOW THE PRODUCT CAN BE MADE LIGHT IN COLOUT WITH MAXIMUM ACTIVE DETERGENCY (90% AND ABOVE)?

NAVIN JINDAL
FORMULATOR - LUDHIANA

Approvals & Certificates for White phenyl

Q. I am a manufacturer of White phenyl in Chennai, Tamil nadu, India. What are the quality and standard certificates I can get for my product? I wish to establish a brand image by getting quality certificates and approvals. Who should I approach and how shall I apply? What are protocols to be followed? I am grateful to your help.

MANIVANNAN RAJAGOPAL
Cleaning Chemical Manufacturer - Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

! Nowadays white Phenyl is being made with transparent base mixed with perfume as per like and dilute with water 1:20.

It is stable white Phenyl with pure milk white color and can stored for long without any separation.

Manoj Kumar
- Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh

Q. Please tell me how to increase the viscosity of w. phenyl without decreasing the quantity of water .

ashwini kumar
- Patna, Bihar, India

Q. May I know what is the chemical used to bring the white colour in phenol.

Pari vallal
bannari amman colours - Coimbatore,Tamil nadu,India

Q. Hi everybody.
I am facing a problem with white phenyl that when I store it in a bottle then it produces gas. Any solution for that?

Amit kumar
- delhi india

Q. Hello, I am trying to make white phenyl without using TRO, is it possible?

So I am from Indonesia and I can't find emulsifier as mentioned by most of you like Alfox 200, or even TRO.

Can you help? As I have been using NP-9 or nonylphenol ethoxylate as my emulsifier or their market name known as Tergitol

Please do help as I want my product uses mainly Citronella oil, Pine oil. Please please. Need a good formulation to at least 4L product.

Ryan audwinto
- Pekanbaru, riau, indobesia

1       2

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If your question seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

Jobshops  Capital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & ConsumablesConsult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices