It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

"Problems in White phenyl Manufacturing"

Current questions:

Q. How to mix oil & water properly, (oil= natural oil, water = Demineralized water)

SARIT GOSWAMI
Hobbyist - BERHAMPORE [India]
^

Previous closely related Q&A's, oldest first:

2002

Q. My interest to know the process for the manufacture of black phenyl. Further I would like to know if this item of manufacture requires a License under the Food and Drug Law from FDA . Also how is the efficacy of the product measured and what are the different properties on the basis of which the various products available in the market be compared.

Aravind Gandhi
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
^

2002

A. I had never heard of this product until your inquiry, Aravind, but the Madhya Pradesh government web site at www.mp.nic.in/mpindustry/project/2l/chemical.htm describes it as a disinfectant which is an emulsion of light creosote oil or pine oil and water with soap. The page also describes basically how it's made.

^

----
Ed. note May 20010: Sorry, but that URL no longer works.

2002

Q. I would like to know the exact process to manufacture black phenyle. I will be obliged if someone can help me with a formulation/recipe.

G.R. Rao
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
^

2002v

Q. DEAR MR. RAO,
WE SAW YOUR ENQUIRY ON FINISHING.COM , WE ARE BASED IN NEPAL AND WE ALSO WANT BLACK PHENYLE FORMULATION. HOPE YOU WILL HELP US WITH THE FORMULA.
REGARDS,

Anand Todi
- Kathmandu, Nepal
^

2003

Q. Sir,
I need the answer to above letter.

Shaik Riyaz Basha
- India
^

2002

Q. I am a manufacturer of white phenyl but I am getting some problems. Some oils gets deposited on top. Slowly the color fades out. Can anyone please give some hint as what could be the reasons?

Rajeshwari
- Mysore, Karnataka, India
^

2004

Phenol

A. It's a normal problem in manufacturing it; it's not a matter of worry. Please mix the water and concentrate very slowly; for example, if you are mixing one liter concentrate with 10 liter water then take one liter concentrate and add a few water then mix the concentrate very slowly again add few water and mix it properly then slowly add a little water then again mix the concentrate. You will get thick white color concentrate and then add water again; this is the procedure.

Prithwi Raj Biswas
- Delhi, India
^

"Formulary of Detergents and other Cleaning Agents"

Affiliate Link
(commissions from your purchases make finishing.com possible)

A. The response to the following query from Rajeshwari, Mysore:

You can add some amount of gum acacia and stir well during manufacturing of this emulsion. The deposition of oil on the top will be emulsified into the aqueous phenyl.

Girish Pargaonkar
- Nashik, Maharashtra, India
^

A. Dear Sir

Reference Ms Rajeswari, Mysore, problem of oil separation.
Many manufacturers use various perfumery oils for this purpose; in most cases these oils are not emulsified properly to mix homogeneously into the solution.
As such, the oil separation.

KN Chandrasekhar
- Bangalore, India
^

2003

Q. Can you help me in giving the formulations for making Phenyle and other cleaning liquids.

G. Srinivas
- Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
^

Is Phenyle hazardous to skin?

2003

Q. Is phenyle harmful for the skin. It is used in India as a disinfectant. Is it on the banned or hazardous list of western countries? Can this product be exported, if so to which countries?

Anil Enand
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
^

2003

A. I could not identify "phenyle" and there are thousands of compounds with phenyl in the name. However, from the disinfectant usage, my guess is that you are referring to phenol, CAS#108-95-2. An MSDS https://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/96380.htm indicates a severe health hazard which can cause death; exposure routes include skin absorption and inhalation (limit is 5 ppm for 8 hrs). I expect this use is banned in the US and other western nations.

Ken Vlach [dec]
- Goleta, California

contributor of the year Finishing.com honored Ken for his countless carefully researched responses. He passed away May 14, 2015.
Rest in peace, Ken. Thank you for your hard work which the finishing world, and we at finishing.com, continue to benefit from.

^

2003

Q. Hello I am a student of msc and I want to know process of industrial manufacturing of black phenyle for my project report please help me if any .

thank you

gaurav tyagi
student - Delhi, India
^

2004

Q. Dear sir,

I manufacture only white phenyle. I have too many competitors here to beat this. I want to manufacture the concentrated phenyle and black phenyle. I completed the small course about this but what I want is it will be difficult to purchase all raw materials from Mumbai. I have already the addresses, but I need the addresses for raw material supplier from Karnataka i.e. from Bangalore or Belgum or Dharwad which is easy for me. I will very thankful to you.

Awadhut Chhatre
business man about domestic cleaning material - Bijapur, Karnataka, India
^

2004

I want to know the formulation of Phenyle, Cleaning liquid and liquid soap. Can anybody help me.
Ashok Kumar
- Delhi, India
^

2004

Q. Sir / Madam,

I Mr.Shashi Kumar completed my MBA degree in O.U. I want to start a small scale industry. Basically I am interested in Making Phenyle and Acids (Home Needs). Kindly advise me for making this product under ssi. I want to know exactly the preparation of Phenyle and acid including formula, Govt rules for starting this small scale industry i.e Pollution, Environmental Survey, Metallurgy survey, and EIA . Please give me above information with preparation.

Thanking you, yours faithfully,

Shashi Kumar
- Port blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
^

A. Hi. Phenyle is/was a disinfectant emulsion based on pine oil or creosote oil, water, and soap; there may be other ingredients in it. A lot of info about the ingredients and manufacturing process is on these pages.

It was used in the 1920's in Australia and maybe elsewhere, and eBay occasionally has embossed glass bottles reading "Phenyle" and "Kitchen's" on them. You can google for those two words and maybe learn more of the history. A similar product is still manufactured in India. However, sorry, I don't know what would be involved in getting import/export permissions.

^

2005

Q. How to make it more dark? though I am mixing more amount of cutting oil in less water the phenyl is not getting darker. So any of you suggest me how to make it darker?

Srinivas
chemicals - Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India
^

2005

I want to know formulation of phenyl, is there anybody to help me?
I am waiting for it. Thanks.

Mohammad Alam Khan
trading of garments - Delhi, India
^

2005

Q. I would like to know the exact process to manufacture black phenyl. I will be obliged if someone can help me with a complete formulation.

Sharad Aggarwal
marketing - Delhi, India
^

2005

Hi, Mohammad; hi, Sharad. We'd all like the "exact process" to manufacture Coca-Cola as well as phenyl, but none of us will meet with success because a successful competitor is not going to tell us exactly what he does, so that we can go into business against him and try to get his customers to buy from us instead. Sorry, it is never going to happen :-(

-- but if you ask for small tips, and you share camaraderie and a few tips of your own, your efforts may be fruitful. Best of luck!

^

2005

Q. Dear sir ,
I made it but after adding perfume, I get smell of cutting oil.
What to add to avoid that smell.

Louis Robert
- NAGPUR, India
^

2007

A. Do add pine oil 1 liter maximum in 200 liters of phenyl; there won't be a smell of cutting oil surely.

Pramod sethi
- New Delhi, India
^

(You're on the 1st page of this topic)       Next page >