Problems in White phenyl Manufacturing

(2002)

Q. I am a manufacturer of white phenyl but I am getting some problems. Some oils gets deposited on top. Slowly the color fades out. Can anyone please give some hint as what could be the reasons?

Rajeshwari
- Mysore, Karnataka, India

(2004)

Phenol

A. It's a normal problem in manufacturing it; it's not a matter of worry. Please mix the water and concentrate very slowly; for example, if you are mixing one liter concentrate with 10 liter water then take one liter concentrate and add a few water then mix the concentrate very slowly again add few water and mix it properly then slowly add a little water then again mix the concentrate. You will get thick white color concentrate and then add water again; this is the procedure.

Prithwi Raj Biswas
- Delhi, India

Formulary of Detergents and other Cleaning Agents

A. The response to the following query from Rajeshwari, Mysore:

You can add some amount of gum acacia and stir well during manufacturing of this emulsion. The deposition of oil on the top will be emulsified into the aqueous phenyl.

Girish Pargaonkar
- Nashik, Maharashtra, India

A. Dear Sir

Reference Ms Rajeswari, Mysore, problem of oil separation.
Many manufacturers use various perfumery oils for this purpose; in most cases these oils are not emulsified properly to mix homogeneously into the solution.
As such, the oil separation.

KN Chandrasekhar
- Bangalore, India

(2005)

Q. How to make it more dark? though I am mixing more amount of cutting oil in less water the phenyl is not getting darker. So any of you suggest me how to make it darker?

Srinivas
chemicals - Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India

(2005)

Q. Dear sir ,
I made it but after adding perfume, I get smell of cutting oil.
What to add to avoid that smell.

Louis Robert
- NAGPUR, India

(2007)

A. Do add pine oil 1 liter maximum in 200 liters of phenyl; there won't be a smell of cutting oil surely.

Pramod sethi
- New Delhi, India

(2007)

If you can help me at what percentage of chemical should use to make 1 liter of white concentrate.

Thanks & Regards.

inderpal Arya
- Delhi, India

Please tell how to prepare it and the chemicals used in preparation. As there is a preparation test for the B.Ed student.

With Best Wishes

Fareed Ahmed Syed
- Hyderabad, India

Q. I am a manufacturer of it but I am getting some problems, when I add water in concentrate some oil gets deposited on top; slowly the colour fades out, phenyl is not getting darker, I am mixing 1 liter TRO (turkey red oil) and 3 liter pine oil, please suggest.

Raju Upadhyay
- Lucknow, India

Q. Problems in manufacturing: please let me understand what is gum agasia [ed. note: acacia?].

Kaushik Dave
hobbyist - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

i. White phenyl Compound:

It's a raw material for preparation of white phenyl. You can add 1 liter phenyl compound with 10/15 liters of water mixture.

Murthy Manapragada
- Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India

thumbs up signAlrighty then ...   :-)

If the way to make "white phenyl" is to dilute "white phenyl compound" by 10 or 15 to 1, let the question be rephrased as "How does one make 'white phenyl compound' "?

A. Take 500 gram of castor oil, 500 grams of pine oil of 32% and mix both in a steel vessel, heat it with steam till till it gets very hot, take 10 grams of caustic and dissolve it in 100 ml water, pour the caustic solution in the mixture of castor/pine. heat it through steam until it turns dark brown and starts to become thick. Then let it cool down. Then add 200 grams of cutting oil and 100 grams of detol. The compound is ready.

najamuddin.hathiyari
- rajkot, India

thumbs up signThanks najamuddin!

Q. I am manufacturing it with out any mixer and packing in plastic bags (1 liter). After weeks storing became water-like or less white; please guide me how to overcome the problem.

subroto chatterjee
manufacturer - Pune, Maharashtra, India

A. 1.First you test your water on water p.H. meter
2.Your water should be 80-170 in pH -- It is Hardness test [ed. note: there is an error here because pH scale only goes from 0-14; perhaps Satya means ppm, i.e., mg/l?)
3.If your water is hard you use PGN in Pine oil
4.1 liter 40 ml PGN
5.PGN works for softening the water, and create Hardness white phenyl.
6.Lastly I recommend please follow the formula a professional way.

With regards,

satya prakash tripathy
- Angul, Orissa, India

Q. WHAT IS THE FULL FORM OF PGN? AND Please SPECIFY THE QUANTITY WE NEED TO ADD IN ONE LITER COMPOUND TO AVOID OIL SEPARATION. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO SOLVE THE OIL SEPARATION PROBLEM?

VISHAL SAXENA
- BHARATPUR, RAJASTHAN,INDIA

A. Hi Vishal.

I can't answer your questions in full, but PGN is probably "Propylene glycol methyl ether acetate".

Q. Please tell me how to make a phenyl? I am looking to start a small business at home; please help me with details or just give a contact no. of a person to contact for the same.

lalit kansal
rajdeep - pune, Maharashtra, India

Hi, Lalit. There have already been a good number of responses. Please try your best to cast your question in terms of what has already been said, so that the page doesn't just run in circles :-)

Sorry but this page is for public technical discussions; for a number of reasons we do not connect people commercially. Good luck.

A. It is indication of excess pine oil.
Take proper measured t.r.o 1 part and 3 part of pine oil. Shake it uniformly for 5 minutes, the mixture must be in proper ratio,
Wait for 3 days, you will get good result. Recently I heard there is one time introduced, if you have details, give full details

rajashekharaswamy
yellow oil on white phenyl - shimoga Karnataka, India

A. The Concentrate should be made with TRO not with cutting oil.The concentration of TRO and Pine/TOP should be clear.

Viral Gandhi
home products - Mumbai, India

Q. 1. I am heating the castor oil 150 grams & pine oil 150 grams.
2. Next I mix caustic solution.
3. Cooled solution I am mixing cutting oil 200 grams.

Problem: separating the cutting oil.

j.v.r.suresh
- vijayawada, India

Q. Which type or grade of cutting oil can I use?

Bharat lalwani
buyer - Rajkot, Gujrat, India

Q. What should be the proper dilution ratio of pine concentrate with water for maximum dilution ? And should I use emulsifier also along with TRO?

Amol Suryawanshi
industrialist - Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India

Q. How to manufacture it without cutting oil?

madhusudan tirumalasetty
Manufacturer - pulivendla,Kadpa Dt,A.P St,India

Q. I am currently doing trials. I have tried with ready made concentrate in which we need to just add Pine Oil available in the market. But there are not up to the mark. So now I am trying to start full in house. If any one can guide, it will be helpful.

Apurva Khandelwal
- Kolkata, India

A. We are a manufacturer of TRO. While preparing white phenyl confirm purity of TRO: it should be 70% & its pH should be neutral. Take 3 parts pine & 1 part TRO till you get clear transparent brown colour liquid. Take 9 liters water charge 1 liter of this concentrated mix to get 10 liters white phenyl. There will not be any problem of oil separation and fading of colour.

Jagdish Shirodkar
- Thane, Maharashtra, India

Q. Dear Sir, I am planning to start business. Can anyone help me to advise what all chemicals are to be used and in which ratio as well as the procedure to make the concentrate.

regards,

Rohit Bahri
- New Delhi, India

Hi, Rohit.

Please try your best to study the preceding answers and then cast your questions in terms of what has already been said, rather than simply starting over.

Q. Is there any possibility that we make it without using cutting oil?

bharat b
- bhuj, Gujarat and india

RFQ: Kindly inform if you have testing facilities for checking quality of White phenyl , Liquid Soap, Toilet / Marble cleaners. In case you don't have arrangements can you please suggest someone who has.

Thanks & best regards

R.K. SOOD
- Kolkata, India.
^- Sorry, this RFQ is outdated
     View Current RFQs

Q. I am a manufacturer and I am currently using market made concentrate and some yellow oil problem on top.
One more problem: how to thicken it. If I use less water in concentrate then it doesn't fall economical.
How to get rid of these problems.

Rakesh Sharma
- Jaipur, India

Q. White pigment used as emulsifier for disinfectant products. Their pH value is 9-11. Can you give name of the product? Or can we use latex?

Zahid Rashid
- AlKkhobar, Saudi Arabia

Q. Dear sir,
For phenyl manufacturing are any government authorizations or licenses required?
If yes, than what is formality to do that?

Aagam Mehta
- Ahmedabad, India

Q. For white phenyl manufacturing any government authorizations or licenses required?

Anshu singh
- Ara, Bihar, India

Q. I want to get the formula of making transparent white phenyl concentrate, I'm already making thick pine oil based white phenyl concentrate. I also want to know if there are any other oils which can be used as a substitute of pine oil. Please help me out, I'm purchasing transparent concentrate at high cost.

Shashank [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Ambala Haryana, India

Q. Sir,

We are a manufacturer of liquid hand soaps, but my main problem is when we clean our hands with our soaps, after washing with water, some foam remains on hands. Please tell us what chemical name removes the foam from hands after cleaning.

Rajnish Gupta
- Noida U.P

Q. Hello everyone,
I am manufacturing it but there is a ring formation (separation) in the neck of the measuring cylinder. Please suggest the way to remove the ring.
I am diluting pine oil in the ratio of 1:10 (1 part pine oil concentrate and 10 parts water).

Harshit Aggarwal
- Meerut, U.P., India

Q. What is cutting oil?

Suresh Kolandai
- Salem, Tamilnadu, India

Q. Respected listener: how to make white phenyl...what is the function of cutting oil in it? Kindly must reply.

Danish
- Pakistan

Q. Dear sir,
I want to make white phenyl; I'm using pine oil & amp; tween 80, and make concentrate and dilute with 30 parts of water ... but final products is very diluted. Please help me how to make darker white phenyl.
Please help me what is real chemical combination of white phenyl.

Satyendra Shukla
- Gorakhpur, U.P., India

A. A GOOD QUALITY WHITE phenyl SHALL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
- ITS COLOR NEEDS TO BE NATURAL SNOW LIKE WHITE AND AESTHETICALLY EXCELLENT.
- IT SHOUD BE VISCOUS ENOUGH TO DIUTE IN MORE PARTS OF WATER.
- IT MUST SPREAD PLEASANT SMELL WHEN DILUTED WITH WATER.
- IT MUST POSESS ANTI-BACTERIAL PROPERTIES
- IT MUST EASILY EMULSIFY GREASE, GRIME, DIRT AND ACCUMULATION FROM SUBSTRATE.
- IT MUST NOT DEVELOP OIL-WATER SEPARATION LAYER
- IT MUST NOT TURN GREY OR YELLOW AFTER SOME MONTHS
- IT MUST REMAIN STABLE IN EVERY WAY UP TO MORE THAN 30 MONTHS
- IT MUST SHOW (RWC) COEFFICIENT TO DESIRED LEVEL IN LABORATORY
- IT MUST KILL SALMONILATYPHIE AND STAPHACOCALAURUS

DR JAVID AHMAD
- Srinagar Jammu & Kashmir

1       2