Pot Metal Part Repair

(2001)

I have a pot metal part from the mechanism of a 57 Plymouth Convertible that has a portion (An Ear) broke off. I need to repair it and think that a "Heat Cure Epoxy" called ESP 309 referred to by Randy Palmer in letter 3781 will do what I need. Where can I get this product?

Len Zimmerer
- Bedford, Texas

(2002)

Simply use an epoxy thats used in repairing aluminum evaporator coils in refrigeration work, then spray with Krylon Brass Metallic Paint [linked by editor to product info at Amazon], let dry one hour. Then copper plate and finish as usual.

Philip Camp
- Phenix City, Alabama

(2004)

Is there a glue or something I can glue aluminum with?

Ed Bass
- Norridge, Illinois, USA

af