-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
A website for Serious Education, promoting Aloha,
& the most FUN smiley you can have in metal finishing

topic 8092

Pot Metal Part Repair


I have a pot metal part from the mechanism of a 57 Plymouth Convertible that has a portion (An Ear) broke off. I need to repair it and think that a "Heat Cure Epoxy" called ESP 309 referred to by Randy Palmer in letter 3781 will do what I need. Where can I get this product?

Thank you,

Len Zimmerer
- Bedford, Texas


Simply use an epoxy thats used in repairing aluminum evaporator coils in refrigeration work, then spray with Krylon Brass Metallic Paint [linked by editor to product info at Amazon], let dry one hour. Then copper plate and finish as usual.

Philip Camp
- Phenix City, Alabama


Is there a glue or something I can glue aluminum with?

Ed Bass
- Norridge, Illinois, USA


This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Q or A to THIS thread START a NEW THREADView This Week's HOT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2017     -    Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.