Polishing the Aluminum on a Honda CBR

(2000)

I have a Honda CBR and will like to polish the aluminum on the bike as well as the wheels. I understand that I can start with a 180 grit sandpaper and going down to a fine 400 grit. Can some one tell me if this will work. And can I buff it out to look like a mirror finish. Can you also tell me what is needed, like what type of polishing compound.

Bryant Payne
- New Castle Delaware

(2005)

Hi I just purchased a 1998 CBR 900. It has a polished frame with scratches all over, and the frame is very dull. My guess is it was never maintained. I recently purchased the compound bars (brown and white) and two buffing wheels. I have no idea where to start and am not sure what sandpaper to use when re-polishing. Can anyone out there please help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sal Cinturati
polishing my 900rr - Queens, New York

(2000)

Hi, Bryant; hi, Sal.

Your problem is not unique around here. Please see letters 800, 1196, and 4143 for very detailed instructions.