Theoretical range for current density preferred in Ni and Sn plating

(-----) 2007

Im chemical engineering student who is not very familiar in electroplating process. Currently I undergo industrial training in plating company. My assignment needs me to prove that actual use of current density is true to compare it with the theoretical current density. To solve the answer, I need to find theoretical range of current density that is preferred in electroplating process for Ni and Sn. Could somebody help me please?

Faizul Ismail
student - Senai,JB, Malaysia
^

2007

You will do your employer a service if you insist that he get some plating books, Faizul -- please see our books page. If he will not get any, I would question how much of a service to you this internship is :-)

You will find in the back of the Metal Finishing Guidebook a chart that tells you how thick the plating would be based on the ampere-hours applied if the plating were 100 percent efficient. A longer way would be to study Faraday's Law of Electrolysis. Good luck.

^

2007

I would also suggest once you get the books, that you and anyone else involved in electroplating in the company, reads them!

^