Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

Need Re-Chroming/Chrome Dipping of Rims/Wheels

2001

RFQ: I would like information and prices on chrome dipping my rims please. I have stock 16" rims on a 2000 Dodge Intrepid.

Please get back to me. Thank you in advance.

Michael M
[last name deleted for privacy by Editor] - Staten Island, New York
outdated

2001

RFQ: I own a rim and aftermarket parts shop. Also in my shop is a low rider shop. We are looking for someone in our area who can chrome dip parts for us. Our shop has a high demand for this service so please contact me if you know anyone who can help.

Thanks alot!

Joseph P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Rockford, Illinois
outdated

RFQ: I wish to chrome dip my rims for my Benz Detroit.

Benjamin S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Northville, Michigan, USA
outdated

2002

RFQ: I have a 17" rim that is cracked I need to fix it and then dip it in chrome. Also I wanted to put chrome on the lining of my body kit. I wanted to know where I could do this and how much it would cost.

ASHLEY G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- MIAMI, Florida
outdated

2003

Q. I am seeking information or the whereabouts on where I can get my motorcycle parts chrome plated I have numerous items that I need chromed so please email me with any information.

Pedro C [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Lubbock, Texas
outdated

2004

RFQ: I am looking for a company to plate our parts chrome. Could you send me email addresses for your members that chrome plate, I am in Illinois so any from IL, IA, or WI would work for me.

Part 222-0002-00, lot size of parts is 1000 pieces.

Part 222-0001-00, lot size of parts is 1000 pieces.

Part 122-0003, lot size of parts is 3000 pieces.

Michael B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Prophetstown, Illinois, USA
outdated

2000

RFQ: I am interested in finding a local Chrome dipping Shop in the North Florida are. I would be willing to travel as far as Miami to take my Player spoke-rims as they are rusting and in need of restoration. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If there is anyone that has information that could help me, please call. Thanks!

Lance S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Branford, Florida USA
outdated

2004

Hey,

I have a 89 GMC Regular Cab stepside truck with fatty's and chrome rims, But the problem is that Some of the chrome is rusting off around the bolts and on my back tire it is actually peeling off... how much would it cost to get them rechromed, or how can I prevent getting more rust on them... thanks!

Lynne McDonald
Student - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan , Canada

2004

I am seeking a local chrome dipping shop myself. My rims are not in bad condition they are just alloy and I would like them chrome. I live in North Texas in the Dallas metroplex.

Please help.. Che H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Dallas, Texas
outdated

2003

Looking for a job shop to re-chrome my car rims.

Joseph B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
hobbyist - Hoffman Estates, Illinois
outdated

I would like to get my car rims rechromed. Is there anyplace within the tri-state area that will do this?

Joe F [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
hobbyist - Queens, New York
outdated
2005

I have a Datsun 280 ZX. and the rims are all scratched and not nice at all. I want everything on the car to be original and are hoping to find someone to re-chrome them for me. If you could write me back and give me some information that would be greatly appreciated. I am a senior in High School but I am working on this car with my dad who is more than willing to help me with it. Thank-you for your time.

Alfred C [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
student - Howell, New Jersey
outdated

"Restore Antique Cars"

"Classic Car Restorer's Handbook"

I have 18" car rims the chrome is peeling off and I will like to re-chrome or plate them.

Osvaldo M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
consumer - Brandon, Florida, USA
outdated
2003

I am looking for a place between Frankfurt and Stuttgart, Germany who chrome-dips auto wheels. chrome-plating is okay, but dipping preferred.

Jason S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Friedberg, Germany

Ed. note: For the record, Jason, there actually is no such thing as 'chrome dipping' in the sense of dipping an item into molten chrome as if it were chocolate. All decorative chrome is applied by electroplating the item with nickel and then electroplating it with chromium. Certainly, however, some plating shops do higher quality electroplating than other shops.

2007

Q. I would like info on chrome dipping my current set of wheels.

Matthew Strouse
- Baltimore, Maryland
outdated

"How to Restore Metal Auto Trim"
by Jeff Lilly
info on Amazon

A. Hi, folks.

You can use our Jobshops Directory to locate plating shops in specific areas. A further source might be Hemmings Motor News [affil. link to magazine on Amazon], where specialty suppliers to classic auto enthusiasts often advertise.

Unfortunately, if these are aluminum/mag alloy wheels, you may find the restoration cost unacceptable. It's a complicated process and the old issue of labor cost is a killer. Whereas new wheels are processed dozens at a time in automatic plating lines, restoration involves fighting with the details of each particular wheel one at a time. Frankly, you may find that replating costs more than new wheels so, unless they are really special or of sentimental value, it may not be worth it.

We have an Introduction to Chrome Plating on line if the subject interests you :-)
But best of luck either way!

adv.   M and M Metallizing banner