1. Please advise me on anodizing aluminium parts which are very small in size whereby the quantity is more than ten thousand pieces? Can anodizing be done in barrel? If yes, please advice on how to do this.
2. How long is the minimum period a part can be etched in the caustic solution before being prepared for anodizing?
3. What is the minimum voltage of current to be applied for black anodizing?
Thank youKulaseharan Sinniah
- Klang, Selangor, West Malaysia
Anodizing can be done in bulk. The part must:
1- have no flat surfaces
2- have no blind holes
3- be small
4- be hi volume
My company does bulk anodize & teaches others - in non competing areas to do it. Please contact me if you would like more info.
As far as the etch question - some parts are run with no etch. It depends what finish you were looking for & how clean the pieces are (i.e., do they need etch as part of cleaning).
For the voltage question - we run our black anodize at constant amps at 12-15 amps per foot sq.David A. Kraft
- Long Island City, New York
This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site