Analysis for Copper Plating Bath

(2001)

Dear Helper

Our company is manufacturing Lead Wire for condensers.

Our process is fluoborate copper plating after sodium cyanide copper strike for steel.

I'm very pleased to ask you some questions.

I want to know test method or analysis method for organic contamination and fluoboric acid, boric acid in bath and analysis method SCN- without Hull Cell.

First, in fluoboric copper plating bath,
I want to analysis concentration fluoboric acid.
I was used method fluoboric acid a 5.0 ml sample of the solution into a 125 ml Erlenmeyer flask and add 50 ml distilled water and 3-5 drops of methyl yellow (reagent I-4). Titrate the solution while swirling with 1.0 N NaOH (reagent S-3a) until the last trace of pink disappears and before the solution turns green.
g/Liter fluoboric acid HBF4 = ml NaOH x N NaOH x 6.17 g/Liter x 0.133 = oz/gal

The problem I have is that the end point isn't as clear as I would like it to be. So I tried BCP (bromocresol purple) and methyl orange but same result.

Second, I want to express degree of efficiency after carbon treatment.

The third, in sodium cyanide copper strike bath. I want to analysis sulfate an instance -SCN.

Thanks much,

TH Kim
- An-san city, Korea