History of Galvanizing

(2001)

I'm trying to locate information on the history on the earliest development of the galvanizing industry. I have found one reference that said the process was first described to the French Academy in 1742, but I'm in the dark as to subsequent history.

Can anyone help, or point me to a web site? Thanks.

John White
Avalon Forge - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

(2001)

You can contact Tom Langill at the American Galvanizers Association - technical@galvanizeit.org

Robert C. Martin
galvanizing shop - Baltimore, Maryland

Galvanizing: Webster's Timeline History

(2002)

According to my grandmother my great great grandfather invented galvanising. However he was Welsh so took a lump sum for it rather than royalties. I think she may have been having a laugh, what do you think?

Phil Price
- Northants, UK