-----

"Gold plating on glass"

2000

I am looking for gold plating on sealed hollow glass tube. plating should be done on half of circumference of the tube and should be visible from other end. plating thickness should be mini. 10 microns. pl. help

Nandkumar Barhate
- Pune, India, maharashtra
^

2000

If the purpose of the gold film is to reflect light through the tube, I may have a better solution for you. We sell a gold film that already has an adhesive that will apply easily to the tube and give a good bright reflective finish against the glass surface.

Terry Collins
Gold Touch Inc.
Cleveland, Ohio
gold touch
^

Ed. note: Let's not go too far afield, folks, until Mr. Barhate gets back to us with a bit more detail. For example, we don't know if he wants the gold on the inside surface or outside surface; we don't know why it must be a minimum of 10 microns, or how pure or what alloy it needs to be. We don't know whether this tube is the size of a hypodermic needle or an atomic accelerator.

2000

Dear Mr. Terry Collins,

Gold Touch Inc. - Cleveland OH

I need to plate glass from outer surface with 10 microns, Purpose to reflect UV/ IR rays. I request you. if you have any more idea about this please let me know.

Nandkumar Barhate
- Pune, India
^

2000

If you are looking to reflect UV/IR than most any metal will do the job, not just gold. Most of those metals will do a wonderful job with only 1 micron instead of 10. Is there any other reason for choosing gold? Any reason for the thickness?

John Davis
John Davis
- Berthoud, Colorado, USA
^

2000

Dear Mr. John Devis,

Purpose is Only to reflect IR Rays. 10 micron is my customers requirement,

Please let me know more about other metals,

Nandkumar Barhate
- Pune India
^

HI,

I tried coating a glass surface in my lab using sputter coater but the problem is,it gets off even by the touch of a finger.So I would like to know if there are any more ways to coat a glass hard with gold and also a few confirmation tests which can prove the strength of the gold coated on to the glass surface

Venkata Jaipal Peddakkagari
- Cleveland, Ohio, US
^