It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

Antimony in Lead Cathodes for Type 2 sulfuric acid anodizing

Q. I need to use long rods of lead in a type 2 sulfuric anodizing process. Pure lead will be too soft and will bend in this situation. I am contemplating using lead cathodes that are hardened with 6% Antimony. Will the Antimony affect the anodizing process? Will I need to clean the lead anodes more if they are hardened with Antimony? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Mark Spaur
- Federal Way, Washington
^

^- Privately respond to this RFQ -^

----
Ed. note: As always, gentle readers, technical replies in public and commercial replies in private please ( huh? why?)

A. The most efficient material to use as cathodes is aluminum. The correct alloy to use for conductivity and longevity is 6063T6

drew nosti
Drew Nosti, CEF
Anodize USA
Ladson, South Carolina
anodizeusa1
^