-----

"Wire plating: thickness test copper & tin"

Q. Good day,

We manufacture and process electrical cables for the light to heavy commercial industries.

I require advice regarding plating with Copper and tin and the determination of how to verify that we are meeting the required microns.

We currently have a machine 'Kocour 6000' that measures the micron thickness of copper plating, however we have progressed to coating the copper plating with Tin.

How does one then verify that the required microns for tin plating and copper plating are correct?

Is my machine capable? I have read their FAQ regarding the function of the machine, but this is Greek to me.

Is there another type of methodology available that I can use?

Our manufacturing process is as follows:

Input: 0.975 mm Steel wire
Cleaning Process
Copper plating 3 microns
Wash and Rinse
Tin plating 8 microns

Could anyone assist me.

Ivan Kemp
Quality Manager - Germiston, South Africa
^

^- Privately respond to this RFQ -^

adv.    koslow passivation test kit