-----

"Scrap copper wire incinerator"

Q. Dear sir
I would like to build a copper wire incinerator with an after burner so I would have a clean burn with out any smoke.
The incinerator is 8 by 10 feet and can burn about 400 pounds at a time.
I need some info on a good after burner design for this size .

jamal abu-shameh
- hebron--the west bank ---palestine
^

? Hi cousin Jamal. You are using the word "incinerator" but it's not clear to me if you are building a smelter to smelt bare copper wire, vs. whether you are planning on incinerating the PVC and Teflon insulation off the wire.

A lot of progress has been made in stripping devices that can make recovery of copper from wire economical and environmentally friendly. Although I don't know the details of your situation, please make sure you are giving maximum possible attention to removing and separately recycling the insulation ... my limited experience says it's easier, cheaper, more practical, and more ecological than incinerating it.

^

thumbs up signThanks for responding to my post.
The incinerator is for burning the insulation off the copper wires, and the after burner is for a clean burn.
All I need is a suitable design of afterburner for a small oven.

jamal abu-shameh [returning]
- hebron-the west bank -palestine
^