Refinishing Copper Bottom Fry Pan (Revere Ware)

(2000)

I ruined a friend's copper fry pan by leaving it too long on a burner that was too hot. It now has rings from the electric burner, and part of the bright copper has tiny pimples or something that makes it rough. Can this be refinished? Who does this work?

Donald Plane
- Maitland, Florida

(2000)

I have copper-bottomed pots and pans myself, and I think you will get the discoloration out with soy sauce, or lemon juice and salt and some elbow grease, or a buffing wheel.

But as for the pimples, I believe they represent the copper dis-attaching from the stainless steel substrate, and I decided I was stuck with them.