-----

Alumilite 225 Hardcoat

2000

I've come across some old specifications that call for "Alumilite 225 Hardcoat". I've been able to determine that this is an old Alcoa anodizing specification but I cannot find any specifics on the properties or a current specification or call-out. Is there anywhere that I can get a hold of the old Alcoa specifications so that I can update my old prints to the newest specifications without actually changing the properties of the parts.

David R. Greene
fluid regulators - Painesville, Ohio

First of two simultaneous responses-- 2000

I've more plenty of info on 225 at work, I'll pass on what I can manage to type up Monday for you. I'm not going to speculate what the makeup is but I know I have a book titled something along the lines of "The Alcoa Anodizing processes" its around 50+ years old, but its the info you want for sure, straight from the source

Matthew Stiltner
plating company - Toledo, Ohio

Alumilite 225 is processed in a sulfuric/oxalic acid bath to a thickness of .001". MIL-A-8625 / MIL-PRF-8625 [affil. link or DLA] F Type III is almost universally accepted as a replacement specification for these old hardcoating processes. The MIL-Spec does not require a certain process but rather sets minimum performance criteria for hardcoatings.

Chris Jurey, Past-President IHAA
Luke Engineering & Mfg. Co. Inc.
Wadsworth, Ohio
luke banner

2001

I WANT TO KNOWN INFORMATION ABOUT CONDITIONS OF BLACK ANODIZING IN Al - 2030 (CAMPLO).

Graciela Ibanez
- San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina