-----

Copper sulphate investigation

2000

To whom it may concern I am an A-level student studying chemistry in the UK and I would like your help so please could you send me some information on investigating the concentration of copper sulphate via titration using Iodine and sodium thiosulphate [affil link].

If possible could you send me results and a method of how you would do the experiment,if you could I would be very grateful.

yours faithfully

kevin f
- Croydon, Surrey, England

2000

Get hold of any analytical chemistry book (it's also in a good number of plain chemistry books). That analysis is extremely old and has not changed a bit. A good book like "The Chemical Analysis of Electroplating Solutions" [affil. link to book on Amazon] has to be available on an interlibrary loan and will literally lead you by the hand thru the how and why that it works.

2006

Hi, I am also a student and I have just come across your question and was wondering if you got any feedback? if so, I would be extremely grateful if you could pass it on to me as I have been looking everywhere and can't find a thing.
yours thankfully,

Rachael S.
- Wigan, Lancs, UK

Hi, Rachel.

C'mon, cousin; the feedback that Kevin received was "Get hold of any analytical chemistry book . . . and will literally lead you by the hand". Have you really been looking everywhere -- including the library -- and still been unable to find any analytical chemistry book? The first one listed on Amazon, "Analytical Chemistry: An Introduction" [affil. link to book on Amazon], looks to contain a titration for copper with iodine. Good luck with it!