Masking titanium nitride coating to gold plate exposed stainless

2000

I have a stainless steel knife blade that is coated with titanium nitride PVD coating. After it is coated,I etch letters into the titanium with a laser which exposes the stainless steel underneath. I need to gold plate this exposed stainless but I am having a problem with the gold adhering to the titanium nitride, it comes off easily but I am wasting gold.

I need to know if there is some sort of masking material I can put onto the steel during the lasering that will stand up to the heat and not melt, allow me to plate the stainless and then come off easily

Rob

Rob H
Gold Touch Inc - Cleveland OH