Gold electroless plating

(-----) 2006

I recently was suggested to use the OTOTEMP RTU gold electroless plating solution to deposit 10 µm of gold layer on to a gold substrate,

may I ask the standard operating procedure for this, since I am not used to electroless plating (only electroplated copper once). I know that the reducing ions is in the solution, is this correct? Do we need to use external potential etc? What about the electrodes?
Does anyone has any info on this, thanks.

Amani Salim
Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN, USA
^

2006

No power source or electrodes are required for electroless plating because, indeed, the reducing agent is in the solution. The manufacturer of the electroless gold plating solution will give you a technical data sheet which contains the recommended operating conditions, and it concerns me if someone has given you access to specialized chemicals without providing the MSDS and technical data sheet. Good luck.

^