-- this is a no-registration site.

-----

"Wire hot dip galvanizing"

2005

I am a student of (metalurji ve malzeme) engineering.I met some troubles about my project that was given me to be able to graduate from my school.The subject is hot dip wire galvanizing and I could not get sufficient sources and literature about it.I need your help about the proses being produced by your firm.

Especially, I couldn't get sufficient data (veya informations) about the duration of waiting of the
wire in acid,flux and çinko.Additionally,the thickness of galvanizing is another problem for me.I hope ,I will be received from you soon.Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Ali öztav
dokuz eylül ün. - Izmir
^

2005

Dear Ali;

Our company is specialized in equipment for that specific field.

As some of your question are making part of the technology, your demand is a little bit sensitive. What is the aim of your question? Is it to support a local producer in Turkey?

"Handbook of Hot Dip Galvanization"
by Maass & Peissker

Very best regards

Branders René
- Brussels, Belgium
^

2005

I didn't think there was anything sensitive in this metallurgy student's project questions. Maybe there's a language barrier. He seems to just want to know some typical immersion times in the acid, flux, and galvanizing tank, and a typical zinc thickness. I think it's a bit unreasonable to ask that he forswear future employment in the Turkish galvanizing industry before we'll answer :-)

Although I am no galvanizing expert, I believe typical pickling and flux times for continuous (wire) galvanizing would be under 30 seconds. A little higher if you were treating coils. I doubt that the time in the galvanizing tank would be even that much. Thicknesses are hard to predict, depending on wire gauge, alloy, etc. But for a school report, how far wrong could he be with an estimate of 2 thousandths of an inch.

^