World's #1 finishing resource since 1989
Why won't they answer me?!
We don't want to waste everyone's time posting questions that don't get answered and of a style which annoys the "usual responders" :-)
Abstract Questions are boring, often misinterpreted, & usually the "Kiss of Death" to the thread :-(
Please, pretty please, with sugar on it--
- Say WHO you are, WHAT you do, & WHY you want to know!
- Don't ask vague open-ended questions like "What will happen if?".
- Spend more time on your own question than you ask strangers to! Tell us whether you're a 3rd grader or post-doc, a hobbyist or pro, whether the part is a watch hand or a Winnebago, whether you want to finish one for yourself or millions in your factory. If a question can't be answered without lots of "ifs, ands, & buts", many responders won't start.
- Tell us something we don't know! Say "my formula is so & so but gives such & such a problem", not "Give me a formula".
- Questions which attract interest get answered! Say "I have a brass trunk from an ancestor's Mayflower voyage …" or "I need 20 lugs nuts from my '55' Chevy show car chrome plated", not "How to clean brass?" or "What shop does chroming?"
- Include a photo/sketch; pictures are worth a thousand words!
- A pic of yourself encourages dialog.
- This is a professional forum so postings lacking punctuation & full of misspellings are put aside for editing, and sometimes get buried under new mail.
- Camaraderie & aloha spirit are incompatible with anonymity! Apologies, but postings with missing last names, or fictitious names, cities, or e-mail addresses are discarded. If your issue is confidential, or your company doesn't allow public posts, please retain a consultant.