-----

"Can I use only 2-butyne 1,4-diol as brightener for bright nickel deposition?"

2004

I want to know can I use only 2-butyne1,4-diol as brightener for bright nickel depositing or should I use other additives like saccharin too?

Mahdi farahani
engine components - Qazvin, Iran
^

2004

You would not use it as the sole organic material for bright nickel plating, cousin Mahdi; you also need a carrier, and possibly an auxiliary brightener too. Saccharin is a carrier, so I suppose the combination can work. However, millions of dollars of effort has been expended towards the development of better proprietary brightener systems, and you might consider trying a proprietary brightener system rather than investing substantial effort on older generic brightener systems.

^

2004

Thank you, do you mean that I should use commercial brighteners formulated by special related companies and it isn't necessary to know their compositions or contents?

Mahdi Farahani
engine components - Qazvin, Iran
^

2004

Yes, that is what I mean. Large suppliers have paid their research staffs for decades to develop and improve brightening systems for nickel, and here in the USA almost every plating shop buys those proprietary systems instead of trying to formulate their own. You are right that they will not tell the user exactly what those proprietary brighteners are.

You can find an excellent discussion of nickel brighteners and carriers in the ASM Metals Handbook, Vol. 5, "Surface Finishing" though. Good luck.

^

2004

Thank you Mr Mooney, are you a member of a supplier of electroplating materials?

Mahdi Farahani
engine components - Qazvin, Iran
^

2004

No, I'm not a supplier, I'm the operator of this web site. If you look in our Directory of Chemicals and Consumables, you'll find several advertisers who offer proprietary nickel brightener systems.

^

2004

Ok Mr Mooney, but do you know any supplier that would interested to have an active distributor in Iran?

Mahdi Farahani
engine components - Qazvin, Iran
^

2004

Sorry, I cannot speak for their interest in the specific situation, but I do recall that Galkim Finishing Technologies (Turkey) was interested in expanding their international distributorships. Best of luck.

^

2004

Thanks a lot and bye.

Mahdi Farahani
engine components - Qazvin, Iran
^