Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

The real relation of content of nickel electroless bath

2004

we would like to inform you that we decide to plate our plastic tools. After studying your previous texts, we find the activator relations. We will be pleased if you help us with following: 1)the real relation of the content of nickel electroless bath 2)to prevent nickel precipitation, the tank should be made of which material? 3)for plating the pieces with coper whats the relation between the pieces volume, voltage and current density.

I sent you the above questions. But unfortunately have not received any answer from you. Just a text that confused me. I am a chemistry student and interested to know the answer of these questions (mentioned above) would you please help me by replying to them or any way to get me to my destination. 1)what is the real relation of content of nickel electroless bath 2)what should we do to prevent nickel precipitation on the surface of electroless bath and what should do for precipitating nickel on the surface of the pieces.

Hamed Nahavandi
student chemistry - Mashhad, Khorasan, Iran

2004

Unfortunately, the confusion is mutual, Hamed :-)

The Metal Finishing Guidebook will give you the general composition of the various types of electroless nickel solutions. The plating tank should be made of polypropylene to discourage the bath from plating on it. If you have activated your plastic tools as you say, the electroless nickel should begin depositing on them.