MIL-F-14072

2004

Q. What is the specific finish of: MIL-F-14072, FINISH NO. E300.

Thank You,

Bruce Laken
Plating shop - kenosha, Wisconsin, USA

2004

A. Bruce, from looking at MIL-F-14072, page 39, it sure looks like "E300" is passivation per ASTM A380 [link is to the practice at TechStreet] (and then I'd try to weaselword some way of using ASTM A967 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] instead, as it is the newer specification for passivation).

You can download military and federal specs from http://assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksearch/ ^ https://quicksearch.dla.mil/

Hope this helps...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

----
Ed. note: The quicksearch site moved to the corrected URL.

Q. I TRIED THAT WEB SITE TO FIND Mil-F-14072 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet], BUT GOT NO HIT.

LOOKING FOR M217 FINISH DESCRIPTION.

THANKS,

JAMES KIMBLE
- HUNTSVILLE, Alabama

A. Hi, James. I tried as well and was also unable to find that particular spec on the assist site for unknown reason. But it is available from a commercial site and we've now included the link. Good luck.

thumbs up sign I did find that M217 is for Hot Tin Dip. I got that from an ex-NASA employee and a shop in California.
Thanks for trying...

James Kimble [returning]
- HUNTSVILLE, Alabama

Ed. note:
No
abstract questions
Please!!

LOOKING FOR PAINT SPEC P510.2N

michael thoe
- COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado

A. Hi Michael; more words please :-)

You want to obtain the spec (it's not a spec, it's just a code within spec MIL-14072), or you want someone to process parts for you to that spec, or you want to buy the paints & processes?

... or you want guidance on what "P510.2N" is supposed to mean?
Table I of MIL-DTL-14072 says that "P510.2" means MIL-DTL-5541 chromate conversion coating of aluminum, followed by MIL-PRF- 23377 primer. The "N" might mean color black semi-gloss MIL-PRF-22750 topcoat per the list of abbreviations in Table II, but I don't know whether the convention is to just append an "N" to the code that way or not.

looking for the mil-spec for paint color 34031 for this standard.

michael thoe
- COLORADO SPRINGS