Want to buy salt spray/fog chamber or get plans to build

adv.   auto technology banner

poem2
2001

RFQ: I am looking for a used salt spray corrosion test chamber.

Small one would be fine. One dimension must be less than 35" to fit through door into test lab.

Dan H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Rifton, New York
outdated

2003

RFQ: I in the same boat and was wondering if you had any luck? I have found several at the local resale shop but they need a lot of work.

Richard S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- North Royalton, Ohio
outdated

2003

Q. Need plans with dimensions and equipment B.O.M to build a Salt Spray Chamber. It can be a small unit measuring in at 1-2 cubic feet. If any one has that info or any info that can lead me to build-it-yourself unit, please let me know. Thank you.

José Tuero
R&D mechanical engineer - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA

2003

A. Hi, José. I've been in this industry a long time, including employment with a salt spray cabinet manufacturer, and I've personally never heard of people building their own salt spray cabinets, although you're certainly welcome to try. ASTM B117 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] is a good starting point because salt spray chambers are of little value if they don't comply.

As an alternative, if you don't need compliance with specific standards, you might look into "CAMRI testing"" as you could build such a test device very easily and inexpensively, and they work and are repeatable. Good luck!

2003

RFQ: Looking to buy a good used salt spray chamber.

Gary B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Hope, Indiana, USA
outdated

RFQ: Dear Sirs,

TS-1998/2K - Salt Spray Test Equipment. We have an urgent enquiry from one of our customers for Salt Spray Test Equipment as per below mentioned specifications:

Salt Spray Test Equipment (Fog Testing Equipment) in compliance of ASTM B117 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] with min. 55 Gallon Solution Tank with standard accessories for complete workable system configuration and the optional accessories may please be quoted separately.

So, please look into this matter and propose us most suitable system and manage to return fax/ email quotation on NET FOB basis with delivery charges up to Lahore, mentioning the earliest possible delivery period. Kindly also advise us the exact shipping weight and dimensions of the consignment. Thanks and Best regards

SHAKEEL S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Lahore, Pakistan
outdated

2006

Q. I want to build my own salt spray cabinet also, and I think that a home made saline chamber is not impossible. We need some pictures and specifications in order to guide the construction. I am a Mechanical Engineering Student & I am developing a corrosion project, so I need it. Thanks for the information I hope that you will send more. regards

Luis Gonzalez
engineering services - Valencia, Carabobo, Venezuela

2006

A. It's certainly not impossible to build a salt spray cabinet, Luis. They are certainly far lower tech than an automobile or airplane. After you have ASTM B117 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] in hand, so you know what requirements the cabinet must achieve, you could take a shot at it. Still, experience is useful; when I was with a supplier we were still learning as we built our two thousandth chamber, and they've been building them for 25 years since. Some of what you see in the field is patented so you can't duplicate it based on pictures. If you just want an accelerated corrosion test for your corrosion project, please look into "CAMRI testing" (www.zinc-diecasting.info/zdc-PDF/SurfaceFinishes.pdf), as I think you may find that it is very very low tech, and it may not be the subject of any patents, is cheap and works well. Good luck with the project!

A. Dear All,
we manufacture simple, small and cheap salt spray chambers in China, if you are interested. Thanks!

Davey Shaw
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

August 1, 2012 -- this entry appended to this thread by editor in lieu of spawning a duplicative thread

Q. Hello all, I am building my own cyclic corrosion chamber on a smaller scale than industrial corrosion chambers.

I believe I have most things figured out, but not the heating part.

I am building it to replicate a corrosion cycle which requires variable heated atmosphere of 50-60 °C.

The chamber will be made of sealed perspex probably in the region of L30 x H15 x W15 inches. Can anyone advise me on how to create a controllable heated atmosphere within this environment?

James Leung
- Wales, UK