-----

"High Temp Adhesives: for glass cloth, mica plates, silicone rubber"

1998

I am looking for an adhesive to hold stainless Steel to glass cloth in a high temperature environment (600 to 700 degrees F) for extended periods of time. Also needed is an adhesive for bonding Mica plates (butt joints) in the same environment.

Weaver, Paul
- Elk Grove Village, Illinois
^

1998

Dear Paul ,

Many years ago I repaired the cracked head of a Jaguar Motor car by filling regular Ciba-Geigy brand 2 part epoxy with fine Aluminum powder .I worked well and the repair lasted well.

Apparently the common 2 part epoxy sold in Handy - man packs in the hardware stores is high temperature resistant material

regards

John Tenison-Woods
John Tenison - Woods
- Victoria Australia
^

1998

Take a look at flame spray tape. It is fiberglass cloth, coated on both sides with a very high temp glue. Look at Oak for a good one.

For some reason, 3-M flame spray tape is poor. It is amazing considering the super quality of some of their other tapes.

^

1999

I am in need of an adhesive that will adhere silicone rubber to an aluminium plate.Temp range 0-500 deg/F. Can anyone help me. Thank You

Charles Eby
- Winter Park, Florida
^

2003

I, like Charles Eby, am looking for a silicon bonding agent that can be used to bond a silicon sheet to an aluminium head and have a constant heating temp. of 600 degrees. Mr. Eby started this question in 1999 and I haven't found anything that has stated if he found an agent or not.

Kevin Crowl
- Omaha, Nebraska
^

I need to fix Aluminium Name Plate to Galvanised Steel.Operating temperature is constantly 600 °C.

Berlin Mony
Engineer - Dubai
^

Hi, Berlin. The melting point of zinc is 419 deg. C. Are you sure the steel is still "Galvanized" in operation?

^

I've been researching some high temperature sealants to close the gaps between pieces of refractory cement that make up the parts to an interior wood burning pizza oven. The oven can reach temps of 540 °C (1000 deg F) and my chimney needs to be rated up to 1150 °C (2100 deg F). I don't want the sealant to be the weakest element in the oven.

I recommend you research "high heat sealant" and you will likely find products to help with most of the posts here.
SUGGESTIONS:
- In the US and Canada, your local hardware store should carry DAP(Registered TM) sealants.
- BOSS Accumetric also has some products than could work but I'm not sure where they distribute.
- You can look to companies that supply products to steel mills. A local Canadian company I found has a line of products that can help with many of the posts on this thread. Research the following as a start:
ADL Insulflex, Inc.

It's best to use a product designed for the job at hand and follow both local regulations/codes as well as product directions.

Francesco Ientile
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
^

WE WANT TO STICK SILICONE RUBBER GASKET WITH SILICONE RUBBER GASKETS.PLEASE ADVISE.

ARUN KANDOI
CEO - MUMBAI,MAHARASTRA, India
^