Boron Reduction Problems

(1998)

I may have a problem with Boron as a result of periodic high concentrations of Borax. Boron seems to be a problem. I have a current metal hydroxide precip. system and the boron reduction is less than 25%. Need a reduction of 75% or more to attain a limit of <7ppm. I'm sure ionx will work but would like to investigate other active chemical methods that could be easily be incorporated into the existing precipitation process.

Thanks in advance --Rich--

Richard P. [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Digital Analysis Corp. - Marcellus NY

(1999)

We have had success with AMD using some probiotics in concentrations as low as 1-3 ppm. They run approx. $60. for 2.5 gallons. Would you like a sample? I have been testing these products in the lab so I have a little left over.

Sharon Wetzel
ProBio