-----

"How to build a small galvanization line"

2002

I am a mechanical engineer working in an Air Conditioning company, and I need to know the exact steps to follow in constructing a small galvanization line for small block of 3x3x15 mm cu.

I've read about the subject but I couldn't construct a complete and accurate view; (i.e. what kind of chemicals to be used? do I need actually an exhausting system? how many steps to reach the final finished product? if I want to add a yellow or chromed color to it how this going to work? must I use a drying system? how to control the coat thickness, etc...) I need your advice...

Tamer R. Al-alfy
- Mohandeseen, Egypt
^

"Handbook of Hot Dip Galvanization"
by Maass & Peissker

Affiliate Link
(finishing.com earns commission on what you buy after clicking)

2002

Hi, Tamer. Thanks for visiting finishing.com!

Unfortunately, if someone asked you how to build a small air conditioner--the exact steps, a complete and accurate view--I am sure you would tell them to start by reading some books about air conditioning, then suggest that they attend an air conditioning school, and finally hire a consultant to help get them started. You would say that you really can't get there through a response in an on-line forum.

The same situation exists in talking about galvanizing lines--there are 1001 things to consider. People would like to help you, but we ask that you be realistic as well. You have to either buy a packaged galvanizing line from a vendor or hire a consultant to design it for you. Sorry and good luck with the project.

^

Dear Ted,

This is true, I agree with what you said; but at least I've contacted the right people.

I was expecting from others when they read my posted question to reply suggesting one or two titles of the books that they read about the same issue; privately at least... It is obvious that I must attend an Electro Plating course!

In my case; I will suggest a book that I read about AC basics and after he get an idea I'll ask the inquirer to re-contact me again for further advice...

I went throughout the net and I found a pretty number of book titles about Electro Plating and Galvanization process... but I can't spend my money on a title that it could prove it is not suitable for me at all at least when starting... Sorry...

Thank you very much...

Tamer R. Al-alfy [returning]
- Mohandeseen, Egypt
^

I understand that nobody can afford to buy a bunch of expensive books of unknown quality and applicability. You can usually buy older used books, that are sufficient for a quick introduction, though, at very reasonable cost, and I would expect that Cairo or an Egyptian University would have metal finishing books in their library.

You can view the whole Metal Finishing Guidebook at www.metalfinishing.com. It's a start, although it tends to be more about plating than galvanizing.

^

Ed. note: the Metal Finishing Guidebook is no longer available on line, but follow the link to get it used or as part of a subscription to Metal finishing magazine.

dear tamer

sorry for asking but you didn't find any Egyptian person to help you in this small project? I think you can get this information free from any Egyptian supplier. personally I will have great pleasure if I give complete information abut this small line for free. best regards.

RAAFAT ALBENDARY
electroplating of plastics shop - CAIRO- EGYPT
^

August , 2007

That's a good point, Raafat. I'm still not quite sure if Tamer wants a hot-dip galvanizing installation or an electroplating system though.

^