-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry

"Platers/Plating Handbook"

When I worked at Bell Laboratories a little over 10 years ago, our shop supervisor used what I believe was titled the "Platers Handbook". Now I am supervising a research workshop at Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy and would like to obtain a copy of this handbook if it is still in print. Can anyone in the plating industry tell me if such a book is available? I have looked for through the web and in local bookstores, but am not sure that they carry books of this technical nature.

Michael E. Lindenmeyer
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy - Aurora, Illinois, USA

You might be referring to the Metal Finishing Guidebook & Directory, which is still published as an annual issue of Metal Finishing magazine.

You may be thinking of The Canning Handbook [out of print since 1982].

Ted Mooney, Teds signature

I am not really sure which book you are referring to. I do remember that Macdermid used to give out a little plating handbook. Also, many platers refer to the Metal Finishing (Magazine) Guidebook as "the plating handbook". Hope this gives you some help.

Gene Packman
process supplier - Great Neck, New York

There are several publications on the market that could be described as handbooks. I would direct you to NASF (, Metal Finishing Magazine, and ASM International. The publications range in detail and content for most any type of plating processes.

Ira Donovan, M.S.F.
Kansas City, Missouri

Like Gene, I think you are referring to MacDermid's Platers' Handbook. Although I am no longer affiliated with MacDermid, I can send you a copy if this is the one you need.

Bill Coffie
Warren, Michigan

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy