Nickel Plating to Prevent Rust

I have a rapier hilt that I fight with and it will build up rust very quickly. I have heard that electroless nickel plating can help prevent rust. How much abuse can this plating take and is there something more durable than nickel plating?

James Suttle
- Portland, Oregon

There are many ways to prevent corrosion, but nickel plating will probably look the best. Electroless nickel specifically can be made very hard and durable. I suggest you take the hilt over to a local electroless nickel plater and have them give you a quote. The cost will be high, but you should get it professionally done.

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan