Sedgwick Residential Elevators Parts and Maintenance

(2001)

Q. I own a home that has a residential elevator (drum type). It is a Sedgwick brand elevator, and I have been unable to find any information on this brand. Most elevator maintenance companies in my area (Phila.) typically refuse to do maintenance on elevators that are not their own or are limited to the brands that they install. I can use some help on any information on parts or companies that handle old elevator parts.

I appreciate any help!

William Vogt
- Media, Pennsylvania

(2001)

A. Hi William.

This site is primarily about industrial metal finishing, so it tends to cover finishing and refinishing of elevators rather than parts and service--but here is your inquiry and we'll see if anyone can help. Good luck.

(2003)

Q. I have one too and have the exact same problem. It takes no.2 worm gear oil in the transmission. Where can I get the oil? Where can I get it inspected? Please let me know if you get any info. Thanks. Steve.

Stephen Salzer
- Greenwich, Connecticut

Elevator Doorphone

(2003)

A. Try the major elevator companies. Otis, Shindler, ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Frank Daly
- West Babylon, New York

(2003)

A. There is a reason that the major elevator companies won't maintain that equipment. I STRONGLY recommend you get a new elevator installed.

Michael Ellis
- Fairfield, New Jersey

(2003)

A. If anyone has a Sedgwick, you may want to try contacting Peelle. They bought Sedgwick.

Carl Zoll
- Foley, Alabama

(2005)

A. Sedwick Machine Work was sold by Peelle to Quality Elevator Products, Inc. located at 7845 North Marrimac Avenue, Morton Grove, Illinois.

Kristof Okulewicz
Precision Elevator Corp. - New York

(2006)

A. If you can provide me with more information (pictures,plans,brief description) maybe I can give you any advice about what you have to replace or repair in your elevator.

JULIO E MOLINA
Chief Elevator Inspector, City of Miami - Miami, Florida

A. Sedwick elevators are just like the rest. The main thing is that you should have a set of electrical drawings present.
Most parts are interchangeable with other manufacturers and service is minimal.
Any real elevator person can generally service and repair your units.
If you lack drawings-Look for a contract # inside the main controller and contact Quality elevator for assistance.They can get you a copy of your original prints with that contract #

Randy Arnott
- Santa Clarita, California

A. We service and repair many brands, including yours. Call us.

Lee

Lee Wiggers
Wiggers Family Enterprises - Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

A. I had a Sedgwick elevator in my former home & it was serviced by Arrow Elevator from Brooklyn NY USA

Anne Brasino
Homeowner - Hastings-on-Hudson NY USA

A. I worked for Sedgwick Lifts when The Pelle Co. owned them. I can help locate parts for them.

James Ringwood
- Poughkeepsie, New York. USA

Q. I have an old Sedgwick hydraulic elevator. It got stuck on second floor. It won't come down even the power is on. I can't lower it manually either although it has an emergency lower knob. Anyone knows how to lower it manually?

TOM NG
- SAN FRANCISCO, California

Q. I have Sedgwick elevator- 87-16187. My programmable controller- SYSMAC S6 is showing CPU- ERR. What should I do. Can I get a Sedgwick programmed S6. Where can I get Schematic Drawings. My elevator guy said- replace the entire Control Unit. Sounds crazy and expensive. Please help

10153-1a  10153-1b

Joe Gupta
- Highland Park, Illinois

A. Hi Joe,
Omron made the Sysmac S6 and you can buy used units online inexpensively. I have a copy of the schematics and manual and would be happy to email you a copy. You can alternatively try downloading from
http://www.omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/s6/w010e32_s6_user_manual

blake kneedler
Blake Kneedler
Feather Hollow Eng.
Stockton, California

Q. We are looking for the schematics for a two-floor roped Sedgwick elevator installed at the church in late 1991. Does anyone out there have a copy?

Carl Brodt
Lutheran Church of the Cross - Berkeley, California, USA

thumbs up signHi. With any luck you'll find out in which farmer's field of haystacks you should look for that needle :-)