Need my Rims Dipped in Chrome

(2000)

RFQ: Looking for a wheel chroming business around Atlanta, GA or Johnson City, TN. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I have a set of 95 Viper wheels I would like to exchange for 98 models (chrome) or buy a 98 set outright. If neither are available I would like to know where I can have my 95 wheels chromed locally?

Chris K [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Atlanta, Georgia
outdated

Ed. note: While there are a few technical Q&A's on this page, the RFQs are outdated. To view current open RFQs, or to post your own RFQ for chrome plating or other finishing services, please go to "I Need Finishing Services in USA, Canada, or Mexico".

(2001)

RFQ: Hi,

I was wondering how much would you charge for you to dip my four 16" aluminum rims in chrome. Please let me know.

Josh B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Rochester, New York
outdated

RFQ: How much would it cost to dip 97 3000gt stock rims? Where would I go?

Khari G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Elmwood Park, New Jersey
outdated

A. Hi Josh; hi Khari. Unfortunately, there is a great deal of work involved, as described in our FAQ: "Introduction to Chrome Plating".

You can try our Directory of Jobshops, or wait for the site's supporting advertisers to contact you privately, but because of the very high labor cost of small volume processing, compared to the OEM where hundreds of wheels are processed simultaneously and automatically, it probably will not cost less than new wheels. Sorry. Good luck.

RFQ: I need my chrome rims redipped. I would like some place close to where I live and an estimate on what the cost would be.

Christian M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- South Hadley, Massachusetts
outdated

RFQ: I need an address in Houston to dip chrome rims.

Jolyn H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Lufkin,Texas,U.S.A
outdated

RFQ: I am also looking for a chrome dipping shop in Houston

Jason J [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Houston, Texas
outdated

(2002)

RFQ: I WANT TO TAKE SOME ALLOY RIMS THAT I HAVE AND DIP THEM IN CHROME CAN YOU DIRECT ME TO A COMPANY THAT WILL DO IT FOR ME?

THANKS,

ANDRE I [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- NEW YORK, New York
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I have some old rims and the chrome is starting to wear. Is there a place where I could get it restored or dipped?

Maurice C [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Chicago, Illinois, USA
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I am in Asheville NC and have a set of 20 inch wheels I need dipped. I what them to be chrome. I need to know where I can get this done locally or at least close by, and I need a price. Please use the given email address to reply. This is not a re-chroming. The wheel have nothing on them. Thank you for your time. And If at all possible I would like to know more about the process.

Jesse M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Asheville, North Carolina, USA
outdated

(2003)

A. Interested shops will contact you directly, Jesse. As for what is involved, it is a multi-step process. First the wheels are buffed and cleaned; then they must be zincated, either cyanide copper plated or electroless nickel plated, then acid copper plated and buffed to a shine, then electrolytic semi-bright nickel plated, bright nickel plated, and finally chrome plated. Additional buffing steps may be required after chrome plating, or mid-process.

Having an item plated after it is in the consumer's hands rather than at the time of manufacturing is quite expensive due to the cost of labor. While a single operator at a wheel factory may be able to hang 12 wheels at a time on a rack designed for that particular model and run them through a very standard sequence by pressing a button, plating individual wheels of various sizes and shapes takes a lot more time, and when s/he's done the labor is only divided across two or four wheels instead of twelve. Also there are invariably cosmetic flaws from road use that have to be individually dealt with whereas at a factory they would just throw an imperfect wheel back into the melt furnace.

(2003)

RFQ: I need 4 jeep wrangler rims (I think 18") re-dipped in chrome. I am very close to Virginia and Maryland.

Please help!

Joy R [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Washington, DC, USA
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I am looking to get four (4) wheels chrome plated. The wheels are on a brand new Range Rover. The wheels are the 19 inch wheels that are stock on the vehicle. The original tires would be reused. Please advise.

John C [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Birmingham, Michigan
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I saw the request for information on getting rims dipped in chrome. I reside in Maryland and was seeking the same information.

Thank you in advance.

Jerome P [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- FGGM, Maryland, USA
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I am looking to find out cost to chrome plate/dip four car rims for a 1988 Grand Marquis--factory rims. Is it possible to do? Is there any way of forecasting how the rims would turn out? And, is there anyone who does this in the Chicagoland area?

Thank You,

Major-Emanuel S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Cicero, Illinois, United States
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: I would like to know where can I get my factory lumina rims chrome dipped/plastic coated; price and where to ship them. Thanks for your time.

michelle r [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Sunbury, Ohio, united states
outdated

(2003)

RFQ: Chrome dipped 18 inch 4 aluminum wheels: How much? Where can I get them done.

Sami G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Toronto, Canada
outdated

1     2     3