the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
We apologize, but we can't post suggestions of brands or sources or contact info (except clearly labeled paid advertisements) -- for time-proven reasons!
- People are only human! Seeing their competitor praised here has repeatedly led to public insults and races to the bottom -- the opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving to promote.
- Spam destroys every website that lets their guard down; we already receive several hundred spams each day (some days >1000)!
- One industry segment operates spambot computers which tirelessly try to post robotic "comment spam" on forums 24 hours a day.
- A smarter industry segment does computerized scans of all websites like ours for keywords, and then pays humans (who can defeat any spambot protection scheme) to post recommendations of their products wherever the scans find a thread with keywords related to their product line.
- This site is free, for camaraderie & technical info, made possible by supporting advertisers who believe in the idea … but how could they possibly justify to their boss that they are paying for a forum where their competitors pay nothing but steer the potential customers towards themselves?
- This website is, unlike most, "no registration required", so it's easy for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a supposed 'satisfied customer' has been the same as the vendor's website). No one can tell actual satisfied customers from hawkers with vested interests.
- Because this site is "no registration" we also can't prove that slams are from actual users rather than being brand assassination by a competitor posting under a fictitious name, so we've been threatened with legal action over slams several times already. But for us to post praise unbalanced by criticism would mislead the readers.
- This site is for technical education, so advising the readers that Brand X's secret proprietary ingredient is better than Brand Y's would be a mighty thin gruel of 'technical education' anyway :-)
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions; but for product reviews and brand recommendations please try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, and industry trade groups -- where you actually know the person making the suggestion. Or at least Amazon or Yelp, who require registration.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
"Internet advertising price/demand curve: Infinite demand at zero cost, zero demand at infinitesimal cost" -- Thomas Pullizzi, 1995
Back to Home Page