the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions please!
We apologize that we can't help with brands or sources -- for time-proven reasons!
- Spam ruins every website that doesn't work tirelessly against it; we already receive hundreds of spams each day. An entire industry segment operates spambot computers to rapidly post "comment spam". Another segment pays people to post recommendations of their products.
- This site is free, for camaraderie & technical info, courtesy of supporting advertisers … but how could they justify to their boss that they pay for a forum which steers potential customers to their competitors who don't support the site?
- This website is "no registration needed", so it's common for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a 'satisfied customer' has been the same as a vendor's website). No one can tell satisfied customers from people with vested interests.
- People can't slam brands or we're threatened with legal action; it's happened many times already; the cost of hiring a lawyer is prohibitive and we can't even prove that the slam is from an actual customer rather than brand assassination by a competitor. Any praise would thus go unbalanced and readers misled by hearing favorable appraisals only.
- People are only human! Seeing their competitor praised has repeatedly led to public insults and races to the bottom here -- the exact opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving to promote. Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions, but Consumer Reports, Amazon, Yelp, or the like for reviews and brand recommendations.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page