the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions please!
We apologize, but we can't post suggestions of brands or sources (except clearly labeled paid advertisements) -- for time-proven reasons!
- People are only human! Seeing their competitor praised here has repeatedly led to public insults and races to the bottom -- the opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving to promote.
- Spam ruins every website that doesn't work tirelessly against it; we already receive several hundred spams each day (some days >1000)! One industry segment operates spambot computers which tirelessly post "comment spam" on forums. Another industry segment robotically scans all websites like ours for keywords, and then pays people to post recommendations of their products whenever they find a thread with keywords related to their product line.
- This site is free, for camaraderie & technical info, courtesy of supporting advertisers … but how could they possibly justify to their boss that they paid for a forum which steered potential customers away from them and towards their competitors who don't support the site?
- This website is "no registration required", so it's easy for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a supposed 'satisfied customer' has been the same as the vendor's website). No one can tell actual satisfied customers from people with vested interests pretending to be.
- Because this site is "no registration" we can't prove that a slam is from an actual user rather than being brand assassination by a competitor under a fictitious name, so we've been threatened with legal action over slams several times already. And posting praise unbalanced by criticism would mislead readers.
- This site is for technical education; telling our readers that some vendor offers some secret formulation claimed to be effective would be a mighty thin gruel of 'technical education' :-)
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions -- but try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, industry trade groups, Amazon, Yelp, or the like for product reviews and brand recommendations.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page