the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions please!
We apologize that we can't help with brands or sources -- for time-proven reasons!
- Spam ruins every website that doesn't work tirelessly against it; we already receive several hundred (sometimes over a thousand) spams each day. One entire industry segment operates spambot computers which look for forums and post "comment spam". Another industry segment automatically scans all websites like ours for keywords, and then pays people to post recommendations of their products when they find a thread with keywords related to their product line.
- This site is free, for camaraderie & technical info, courtesy of supporting advertisers … but how could they possibly justify to their boss that they paid for a forum which steered potential customers away from them and towards their competitors who don't support the site?
- This website is "no registration required", so it's common for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a supposed 'satisfied customer' has been the same as the vendor's website). No one can tell satisfied customers from people with vested interests pretending to be.
- This is a technical education site. Telling our readers that a vendor offers a formulation that is secret and which readers can't even publicly conjecture about for fear of crowd-sourcing industrial espionage, would be a mighty thin gruel of 'technical education' indeed :-)
- People can't slam brands or we're threatened with legal action; it's happened many times already; the cost of hiring a lawyer is prohibitive and (because the site is "no registration") we can't even prove that the slam was from a real person rather than being brand assassination by a competitor. And if we don't print criticism, any praise would go unbalanced and mislead readers.
- People are only human! Seeing their competitor praised here has repeatedly led to public insults and races to the bottom -- the exact opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving to promote.
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions, but try Consumer Reports, Amazon, Yelp, or the like for reviews and brand recommendations.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page