the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions please!
We apologize that we can't suggest brands or sources (except supporting advertisers) -- for time-proven reasons!
- Spam ruins every website that doesn't work tirelessly against it; we already receive several hundred (some days >1000) spams each day! One industry segment operates spambot computers which tirelessly post "comment spam" on forums. Another industry segment robotically scans all websites like ours for keywords, and then pays people to post recommendations of their products whenever they find a thread with keywords related to their product line.
- This site is free, for camaraderie & technical info, courtesy of supporting advertisers … but how could they possibly justify to their boss that they paid for a forum which steered potential customers away from them and towards their competitors who don't support the site?
- This website is "no registration required", so it's easy for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a supposed 'satisfied customer' has been the same as the vendor's website). No one can tell actual satisfied customers from people with vested interests pretending to be.
- This is a technical education site. Telling our readers that a vendor offers a secret formulation would be a mighty thin gruel of 'technical education' :-)
- Because this site is "no registration" we can't prove that a slam is from a real person rather than being brand assassination by a competitor, so we've been threatened with legal action over slams many times already. And if we can't print criticisms, any praise goes unbalanced and misleads readers.
- People are only human! Seeing their competitor praised here has repeatedly led to public insults and races to the bottom -- the exact opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving to promote.
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions, but try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, Amazon, Yelp, or the like for reviews and brand recommendations.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page