the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
We apologize, but we usually no longer post brand or source suggestions, or contact info (except clearly labeled paid advertisements)
- People are only human! Seeing competitors praised here repeatedly led to insults -- the opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving for :-(
- Spam destroys websites; we receive hundreds of spams every day
and can't encourage more by offering free advertising!
- Spambot computers tirelessly try to post here 24 hours a day.
- Other companies do computerized scans of the forum for keywords, then pay humans (who can defeat any spambot protection) to recommend their products wherever the computers found a related thread.
- Look at the finishing groups on Facebook and how spam renders them almost worthless.
- This site is free, made possible by supporting advertisers … how could anyone possibly justify to their boss that they paid for a forum where their competitors pay zero but steer potential customers away from the supporting advertisers and towards themselves?
- Suggesting private contact in a public forum disenfranchises the other readers who were following the discussion; it can be insulting, like telling people at a cocktail party to go home because it's time for dinner and they didn't make the cut :-)
We don't want to draw readers into the discussion then cut them adrift! If you have any info to share, email it to email@example.com for public posting on the thread so all readers can see it.
- This website is "no registration" to make it easy to join in, and supersafe in this age of phishing & malware by requiring no passwords and no data but name & town -- but it's therefore easy for shills to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a 'satisfied customer' was the same as the vendor's website). Readers can't tell actual satisfied customers from hawkers with vested interests.
- We can't prove that slams are from actual users rather than brand assassination by a competitor, so we've been threatened with legal action several times. But to post the praise and not the criticism would be misleading.
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions; but for product reviews & brand recommendations please try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, and industry trade groups -- where you actually know the person making the suggestion! ... or at the least Amazon which requires registration.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page