the home page of the finishing industry ®
No brand or sourcing suggestions PLEASE!
We apologize, but we usually no longer post brand or source suggestions, or contact info (except clearly labeled paid advertisements)
- People are only human! Seeing competitors praised here repeatedly led to insults -- the opposite of the aloha spirit we're striving for :-(
- Spam destroys websites; we receive hundreds of spams every day
and can't encourage more by offering free advertizing!
- Spambot computers tirelessly try to post here 24 hours a day.
- Other companies do computerized scans of the forum for keywords, then pay humans (who can defeat any spambot protection) to recommend their products wherever the computers found a related thread.
- This site is free, made possible by supporting advertisers … how could they possibly justify to their boss that they paid for a forum where their competitors pay zero but steer potential customers towards themselves?
- Suggesting private contact in a public forum is like inviting people to a cocktail party then telling some to go home because it's time for dinner and they didn't make the cut :-)
We don't want to draw our readers towards our discussions then cut them adrift! If you have any info you want to share with a reader, email it to email@example.com for public posting on the thread so all readers can see it.
- This website is a "no registration" site. This make it easy to use, and very safe in this age of sophisticated phishing, malware & data breeches by requiring no passwords and asking for no data but name & town.
- But the downside is it's therefore easy for salespeople to pose as satisfied customers (many times the IP address of a 'satisfied customer' was the same as the vendor's website). No one can tell satisfied customers from hawkers with vested interests.
- Similarly, we can't prove that slams are from actual users rather than brand assassination by a competitor, so we've been threatened with legal action several times. But for us to post the praise but not the criticism would be terribly misleading.
- This site is for technical education; so advising readers that "Brand X's secret ingredient beats Brand Y's" is too thin a gruel to qualify anyway :-)
Please use this site for camaraderie & technical discussions; but for product reviews & brand recommendations please try Consumer Reports, BBBs, friends & neighbors, educational associations, and industry trade groups -- where you actually know the person making the suggestion! ... or at the least Amazon or similar, which require registration.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page