the home page of the finishing industry ®
Why won't you answer me?!
We're all relying on the readers to answer our questions, but they keep reminding us that they find Vague, Abstract, Questions boring and too time-consuming.
So please, pretty please, with sugar on it--
- Say WHO you are, WHAT you do, & WHY you want to know!
- Spend more time on your question than you ask strangers to! Let readers help you without being intimidated by the need to address a dozen "ifs, ands, & buts" that don't apply to your case but might apply to other situations.
- Tell us something we might not know! Don't say "my formula doesn't work"; say "my formula, which is so & so, gives such & such a problem".
- Questions which attract interest get answered! Don't ask "How can I brighten brass?"; say "My great-great-great aunt left me a brass trunk from her Mayflower voyage …"
- E-mail a photo or sketch if possible to . Pictures are worth a thousand words, and photos of yourself add human interest, increasing the likelihood of enthusiastic replies.
- This is a professional site; we can't ask readers to puzzle through misspellings, bad auto-corrects, and no punctuation, so we must set such postings aside for editing -- and this sometimes means hurried postings get buried under newer mail.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page