the home page of the finishing industry ®
Why won't they answer me?!
We rely on the readers to answer the questions, but they tell us they find Vague, Abstract Questions boring & time-consuming :-(
So please, pretty please, with sugar on it--
- Say WHO you are, WHAT you do, & WHY you want to know!
- Spend more time on your question than you ask strangers to! It's common courtesy ... plus, if readers feel compelled to cover a dozen "ifs, ands, & buts" (that probably didn't apply to you anyway) they're not going to answer.
- Tell us something we might not know! Say "my formula is so & so but gives such & such a problem", not "I need a formula".
- Questions which attract interest get answered!
Say "My great-great-great aunt left me a brass trunk from her Mayflower voyage …", not "How can I brighten brass?";
- E-mail a photo or sketch if possible to . Pictures are worth a thousand words, and photos of yourself add human interest.
- This is a professional site; we must set postings aside for editing if full of misspellings, bad auto-corrects, and no punctuation -- and this often means hurried postings get buried under newer mail.
- The camaraderie we seek is incompatible with anonymity! Postings with fictitious names, cities, or e-mail address are discarded.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page