the home page of the finishing industry ®
Why won't you
You & I rely on readers to answer the questions, but they keep reminding us to remind the posters that Vague, Abstract, Repetitive Questions Bore Them to Death.
So please, pretty please, with sugar on it--
- Say WHO you are, WHAT you do, & WHY you want to know!
- Spend more time on your question than you ask strangers to! Let readers help you without being intimidated by the need to address a dozen "ifs, ands, & buts" that didn't apply to your case anyway.
- Tell us something we might not know! Don't say "my formula doesn't work"; say "my formula, which is so & so, gives such & such a problem".
- Questions which attract interest get answered! Don't ask "How can I brighten brass?"; say "My great-great-great aunt left me a brass trunk from her Mayflower voyage …"
- E-mail a photo or sketch if possible to . Pictures are worth a thousand words, and photos of yourself make for human interest.
- It's rude to ask readers to puzzle through misspellings, bad auto-corrects, and no punctuation. So we can't post questions until we edit them to professional standards -- which can mean hurried postings get buried under the new mail.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page