the home page of the finishing industry ®
Why won't you
We rely on readers to answer the questions, but Vague, Abstract, Repetitive Questions Bore Them.
Please, pretty please, with sugar on it--
- Say WHO you are, WHAT you do, & WHY you want to know.
- Spend more time on your question than you ask strangers to. Let readers help you without having to cover "ifs, ands, & buts" that didn't apply anyway.
- Tell us something we might not know. Don't say "my formula doesn't work"; say "my formula, which is so & so, gives such & such a problem".
- Questions which attract interest get answered. Don't ask "How can I brighten brass?"; say "My great-great-great aunt left me a brass trunk from her Mayflower voyage …"
- E-mail a photo or sketch if possible to . Pictures are worth a thousand words, and photos of yourself make for human interest.
- It's rude to ask readers to puzzle through misspellings, bad auto-corrects, and no punctuation. So we can't post questions until we edit them to professional standards -- which can mean hurried postings get buried under the new mail.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Back to Home Page