The home page of the finishing
ABOUT THIS SITE
- Finishing.com is the home page of the finishing industry ® -- a place for people with an interest in metal finishing & the allied surface finishing arts to get information, secure business, enjoy the camaraderie of their peers from around the world, and have some fun!
We do everything in our power to make finishing.com not just the most helpful site for people with finishing needs -- but light and pleasant as well! You'll see no profanity, ad-hominems, or spam. Advertising is relevant and non-obtrusive, with never, ever, ever a pop-up or pop-under.
- Finishing.com is ONLY A WEBSITE! While the advertisers listed in our on-line directories offer metal finishing services, supplies, and consulting, we ourselves provide no services at all except this informational website.
Contents of the site
- Our home page is a site map / table of contents of the site. Our most popular area is a very active 'Public Q&A Forum' page where your peers from around the world meet to discuss technical issues, and have a little fun. We also have a technical library, FAQs about metal finishing, news & editorials, contact info for metal finishing societies, and helpful links to kindred websites.
- On the commercial side, our 'I Need a Finishing Service' and 'I Need Something for a Finishing Shop' RFQ pages present business opportunities. Our Worldlink Directories locate consultants, training services & software; environmental services & supplies; testing services & test equipment; and other chemicals & equipment for finishing shops, as well as jobshops who can perform every type of finishing service for you. Our help wanted page is solely for positions in the metal finishing industry, and is award winning.
- Like the media of the old days, Finishing.com, Inc. is an independently owned & operated small business. We do not seek and will not accept government grants nor association stipends. Our supporting advertisers who order a Worldlink listing, plus commissions we earn from Amazon & other on-line vendors, make the site possible.
- Finishing.com has been continuously on line since February 1989, starting as a dial-up BBS. Extracts from our Hotline-Letters page were printed monthly in Metal Finishing magazine (an Elsevier Science publication) as the "Heard On the Hotline" column for over 10 years. In April of 1995, finishing.com became the first WWW service for the finishing industry. In 2003, the American Electroplaters & Surface Finishers Society honored Ted Mooney with its prestigious Frank E. Lane Industrial Achievement award for the establishment of www.finishing.com.
- Ted Mooney, P.E. <email@example.com> is president of finishing.com.
Tom Pullizzi, co-founder of finishing.com, has moved on to become a high school science teacher, out of sight but never out of mind. If not for Tom, finishing.com would not be here: "... I'd be lost if not for you".
- Our address is:
- Finishing.com, Inc.
- 523 Springfield Ave.,
- Pine Beach, NJ 08741
Sorry, sorry, sorry! Apologies, but please understand that we cannot offer ANY private help whatsoever on finishing questions!
This site is possible only because of our advertisers, including consultants who earn their living offering metal finishing expertise; in return for the support of our advertisers we have agreed that we will not respond to any finishing questions in private. If you want free guidance, it must be in PUBLIC via posting a question in the forum. If you need private, confidential help, please see our Consultants listings. Sorry!
- If you are interested in web presence here (directory listing, banner ads, home pages)
our phone number is 732/279-3264. We are located in the Eastern time zone of the U.S.A. with office hours of 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Back to Home Page