23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley

Borax treatment for mold

A discussion started in 2001 and continuing to 2008.
Add your Q. or A. to restore it to the "Current Topics" discussions.

(2001)

Q. I am extremely allergic to mold and am plagued by a moldy garage. I am doing everything I can to correct the problem, but have been told that scrubbing the walls and floor with borax will prevent regrowth. Is there a product called borax, or do I have to make my own? If I can purchase some, where will I find it? So far, I can only find Boraxo soap. Is there anything else I might be able to use on all the different surfaces (concrete, wood, metal) that would remove and prevent mold growth?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jill Harkaway
- Lincoln, Massachusetts

(2001)

20 Mule Team Borax

A. You can buy 20 Mule Team® Borax made by the Dial Corporation.

Holly Hirchert
- Champaign, Illinois, United States

A. You can buy 20 Mule Team Borax at any grocery store that carries laundry soap. It will be in the laundry detergent section. It's in a cardboard box.

Lala Hin
- Nevato, California, United States