Seeking Adhesive Tape for Testing Plating Adhesion

(2001)

I am interested in measuring the adhesion of my plating process. I would like to have various tapes with different adhesion strength to semi-quantify the adhesion of electroplated metal on substrate. I am looking for suppliers of such tape and application techniques that give good repeatability and reproducibility.

Tony Hurtado
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA

(2001)

There are tapes for measuring adhesion of paint, Tony; see ASTM D3359 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] . That might be a start, but for plating I think you need only one grade--the very strongest they can make -- because if you can pull the plating off with that, it's not even close to being good enough.