Reel to Reel Solderability
Soderability Problem on Reel to Reel
I need information on troubleshooting solderability problems related to tin plating. We are having difficulty passing a solderability test. We are plating s/s with a ni strike, sulfamate ni followed by tin. We are experiencing de-wetting.
Please advize if there is any info. about this problem available.
plating shop - Miami, Florida
The sulfamate bath should be squeaky clean (carbon treat), and what kind of tin bath are you using? Organic contamination will cause de-wetting.
Falls Township, Pennsylvania
Regarding solderability fail, I recommend the followings:
- In case of thin tin thickness by wide thickness distribution and average low thickness,elevate to Min. 250 microinches in thickness.
- In case of organic contamination in the tin bath, check the level regularly:deposit tin on bright dipped sus,dry and peel it off carefully and then measure the carbon level with the carbon analyzer.
- In case of inorganic contamination,copper/nickel,check the metallic impurities by AA unit.
- In case of poor pre-treatment, check the solution and process stages,drag-in?/nickel surface after nickel plating?....
- MSA based plating chemical is recommended.Nelson NK Key
- Seoul, Korea
This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site