Quality of Hard Chrome Plating

2001

I have rusting and peeling off problem on hard chrome plated C.I. Cylinders used in printing industry. I am not providing undercoat. I request for the guidance.

Rajendra Kochar
Swifts Limited - Nasik, Maharashtra, India

2001

Dear Mr. Kochar,

If you do hard chrome directly on to cast iron you are sure to land up into these problems.You need to first prepare the surface by proper cleaning, followed by a layer of cyanide copper, acid copper and then hard chrome. Even in hard chrome their are different chemistries but Atotech's HEEF 25 offers best corrosion resistance along with hardness which is much suitable for printing industry.

GS Sharma
- Mumbai