PCB etching fluid spill

(2001)

Hi ,

I am using Ferric Chloride as part of PCB etching process, and I have spilt it (about 1 gal). I would like to know what is the best way to go about cleaning it. I would appreciate any kind of info regarding this. This is urgent and any help is greatly appreciated.

Mohammed Amin
- Alabama

(2001)

Iron is non-toxic by most people's standards; in fact, ferric chloride is used in water treatment and waste water treatment to clarify the water. I would neutralize it with a large amount of sodium bicarbonate or magnesium hydroxide (milk of magnesia). Then I would determine what went wrong with my training system that I didn't have the manufacturers MSDS immediately handy in a well organized yellow binder :-) Ted Mooney, finishing.com Teds signature