Electropolishing of titanium and 316L

(2001)

I am still looking for a description of an electropolishing solution that will electropolish titanium and stainless steel(316L). If anyone can tell me exactly what the solution consists of, I would be greatly appreciative as I have been looking for this information for an extremely long time. My guess is that the conventional sulfuric acid + hydrofluoric acid would work sufficiently enough, but I am looking for the "high sludging" mix that is also permanent(never thrown away). If anyone can shed some light on this for me I will be totally surprised.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Swayze
- Kelowna, B.C., Canada

(2001)

Jeff,

Such information does exist, but this is proprietary know-how. Contact Dan Weaver at Global Stainless in GA.

anna_berkovich
Anna Berkovich
Russamer Labs
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
russamer labs banner