Stainless steel appliances

(2001)

Is there anything you can use as a magnet on a stainless steel refrigerator? I love to hang pictures etc on the fridge.

Michelle Brown
- White Lake, Michigan

(2003)

I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH STAINLESS STEEL FOR OVER 20 YEARS,THERE ARE DIFFERENT GRADES OF S/S AVAILABLE THAT ARE MAGNETIC. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU HAVE ANY KNIVES THAT ARE S/S TRY STICKING A MAGNET TO THEM CHANCES ARE THEY WILL STICK BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF STEL CONTAINED IN THEM TO GIVE THEM THE ABILITY TO HOLD AN EDGE.PROBLEM WITH A MAGNETIC TYPE OF S/S IS THAT IT IS MORE PRONE TO RUST SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FRIDGE IS OF A NON MAGNETIC GRADE OF S/S.JUST SO YOU KNOW ALL S/S CAN RUST THE DIFFERENT GRADES DETERMINE HOW POSSIBLE IT IS ,BE SURE TO CLEAN S/S APPLIANCES ACCORDING TO MANUFACTURES RECOMMENDATION .DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH A CHLORIDE DERIVATIVE IT CAN BE CAUSTIC TO S/S IF NOT RINSED THOROUGHLY.

EDDIE VINES
- MECHANICSVILLE,MD. U.S.A.

(2005)

I recently bought a stainless steel refrigerator (not sure what type of steel) and to my dismay, I cannot stick magnets on the front of it. had I known, probably wouldn't have bought it, but anyway.....is there anything I can do to make magnets stick to my refrigerator?

Carissa Maria Inangelo
home owner - Leicester, Massachusetts, USA

(2007)

There are sticky gel doohickies from www.thegelstore.com made for sticking stuff to stainless refrigerators.

Good luck. Ted Mooney, finishing.com Teds signature

(2007)

I have these products that I use on my stainless steel refrigerator instead of magnets. They are called "clippers" and they are made by mayfair lane (mayfairlane.com). They have a material on the back that sticks to slick surfaces without leaving a residue and they come in hip designs. I use them to put up my kids' art work, school rosters, etc on the fridge.

Tamar Rifkin
- Indianapolis, Indiana, USA