Temperature Testing Strips

(2001)

I wish to test the actual temperature on a sheet metal part that is powdercoated and being cured in an infrared oven. I am not getting an even cure and suspect the emitters need to be adjusted. I have seen thermal test strips used but have been unable to locate a source from which to purchase them. Anybody have an idea?

Steve Headley
appliance service - Upland, California, USA

First of two simultaneous responses-- (2001)

Hi Steve,

The temperature tape I got sitting in front of me says: Teletemp, Fullerton, CA. This one is model# 110-8 which records between 390-450 F.

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas & Co., Inc.
Bellwood, Illinois
nikolas banner ad

Second of two simultaneous responses-- (2001)

I just did a Yahoo search for "temperature indicating labels" and came up #1 with a catalog with tons of them.

James Totter
James Totter, CEF
- Tallahassee, Florida

(2001)

Omega do a nice range of non-reversible temperature indicating labels with up to 5 temperatures on each label.

Ciaron Murphy
- Great Britain