Formulation of plastisol primer coat

I hope you can help me. I want to find a formula for a bonding "Primer" or undercoating for use with a standard Plastisol being used with an experimental dip coat process. The material being used to fix the Plastisol to is a braid material like wool.

Michael Ryan
- Birmingham, UK

A. Michael,

A good primer is hard to come by. It is essential to a proper bonding. Look up "stop-off lacquers" on the internet.

Stephen R. Massey
- McCaskill, Arkansas, USA

(2001)

Q. Dear sirs:

I want to know how to formulate a primer for bonding metal and PVC in plastisol dip coating?

Guda Zheng
- Ningbo, Zhejiang, China

(2002)

Q. Dear sir,

I want to know the formulation of primer for plastisol?

Amit Tandon
- India

(2001)

A. Dear sir,

A good prime coat is top priority. I use T-100, a Miccro product by Tolber. It works great for PVC.

Stephen R. Massey
- McCaskill, Arkansas, USA

How to plastisol, how to do the process?

Plastisols & Organsols

(2006)

Q. Hello, I need to know, how to do plastisol. I need to know how to do the process; please help me.

Felipe Zamudio Rodriguez
industrial user of metal finishing services - M. Múzquiz, Coahuila, México

(2006)

A. You exactly follow the procedures from the plastisol vendor. Basically, abrasive blast the part, heat it, dip or spray in a "primer", reheat, dip or spray in plastisol. Remove extremely slowly from the dip and bake for the given time/temperature. Too low a time or temperature and it is not cured properly. Too long or hot and it chars or discolors and later cracks.

Plasti Dip

(2006)

thumbs up signHi Felipe,

What James W. says sounds l00% perfect and hits the nail right on the head ! ... but go the manufacturer first of all, as he suggested. ...but I didn't know that one had to use a primer. Iggerance iz blizz.

Priming lead weights prior to plastisol coating

Q. It was recommended to prime lead weights prior to coating with plastisol. Agreed? What type of primer would be appropriate?

Douglas Hahn
procurement quality engineer - Savannah, Georgia